Is there a site Hyper StreetFighter II code site?

helfuri

Crazed MVS Addict
Yeah I just got a copy of the import Hyper StreetFighter II 15th anniversary. I just wanna know how can you get Akuma, plus I don't know how to save a game (that's if you can) 'cause I have a converted U.S. ps2. Oh yeah, are there any codes out there for this game yet, anyone? PLEASE?!?

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Stay on Ryu for at least one second

Move to T-hawk and have him highlighted for at least one second

Move to Guile and have him highlighted for at least one second

Move to Cammy and have her highlighted for at least one second

Move to Ryu and have him highlighted for at least one second

Press Start and then immedately after (like less then a second) press L1 (PPP)

SHOES!

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
I'm actually pretty surprised they didn't include a simpler code for Akuma on this version considering it's the ultra-superduper-hyper-MUGEN-Street Fighter edition...

:D

helfuri

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks alot, but would it be regular Akuma or that super one they put in the game, and are there any other "modes" in the game like the black market chip version that came out on the coin-ops that allowed you to do unimaginable moves, and how do you save progress?

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Your best advice for codes on this game would be http://www.gamefaqs.com
However, if it's anything like the first Street Fighter Collection, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo only has the normal (non-super carrying) Akuma.
Although I do remember a code stating that if you beat the game with both the turbo and normal version of the fighters, you could open up a dipswitch mode to play with-and a switch where you could enable Shin-Akuma.
I can't confirm it or not. I can't bring myself to play SSF2T in marathon sessions like I used to. Especially with KOF'98 on DC. :D But I do still play it occasionally. Shin-Akuma really isn't the meat and potatoes of the game. The novelty will wear off soon. You may be well suited to Zangief's ending though. The McHale Gorbechov appearance is priceless. And in the traditional Soviet tradition, Everybody dance!
:multi_co:

Hope you have fun with it though. Let us know how chopped up a game Capcom's rehased. (Or how well they've smoothed it out, either way.)

Edit: Traditional Traditions? How, wordy....and traditional. :tickled:

Last edited:

helfuri

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks again, BUT (big but at that), gamefaqs isn't gonna support ANY type of import games it's strictly U.S., but for the old games, I'll try, but I still don't know how to save, I don't see that option there.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
helfuri said:
Thanks again, BUT (big but at that), gamefaqs isn't gonna support ANY type of import games it's strictly U.S.

you sure about that? cuz I've gone there many a time to get help with import games on PSX and D'Cast...

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/918998.html

It exists! :eek:
No FAQs up yet. And no US release date either. SCEA is really starting to urk my last nerve. But then I realize there's nothing I can do about it. And I'm not about to boycott Sony now. Especially since the majority of my game collection is PSOne. You could either wait for UK and Japanese gamers to start up with the codes. You could rush to write your own FAQ....or you might check at GameSpy/IGN for codes. (Though IGN isn't acknowledging the games existance at the moment.)

Untill then, have fun with Capcom's Shotokan Karate. Remember, "You must defeat Shin Long to stand a chance."

helfuri

Crazed MVS Addict
Yeah they do talk about it at gamefaqs, they also stated that you can't save. Also I thought they woulda had the Alpha installations on there too.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
You're kidding, right?

The alpha sprites in with the SF2 style sprites would look really ugly. Not that Balrogs picture was ever the Mona Lisa.....

If you're that hard up for every character ever though, you might try your hand a M.U.G.E.N. and put whatever character designs you can find in there.

I hope you really find that save feature though. It's really something to be preferred. Especially for your top scores. If it's not there, then Capcom officially can't produce much A-Material anymore.

I have this deep-rooted theory that the only reason we see a SF2 release every three years is to keep the game from becomming public domain.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
M.U.G.E.N is an extremely open-ended program that allows people to sit down and "borrow" character packs from other games and throw them together.

You'll occasionally find a "Unreleased PC fighting game with every fight game character eva" on eBay. When really it's just that days competed M.U.G.E.N roster.

Most use it to put their favorite characters against one another, but a few people use it to re-create their favorites.

I'm the wrong person to ask about where to get said character packs though. Putting one together is quite the act of patience, and since I have quite a few fight games already (As I'm sure you do also, perhaps not) it's really not worth the effort for most.

So, find that save feature?