New Orleans Get Together; MODS PLEASE STICKY!!!!!

RastafaJones

Super Sidekicks 2
I'm really bent on getting it on this time. I will be in New Orleans from April 9 to 17. I was thinking the best day would be April 10 which is Saturday. I thought this would be a good time to talk about it to hammer out details. I am taking the initiative and hosting this. We own KJ on the Boulevard on Canal Street across the cemetary and my mom has an office there. We can hold it there. It shouldn't be a problem for everyone since it's in New Orleans about a few minutes from downtown. Since I will only be in town for a week, I will not have my stuff with me which means people will have to bring TV's, systems, games, controllers, etc. That's why we should talk about this now. If anyone has a supergun that would be great. Also a digital camera would be great so that our pics would be in the photo album. Come on NO peeps let's get the ball rolling on this and make it happen!!!:buttrock: :buttrock:

Last edited:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Right after I sell my 4 slot :(

Anyway I am game, I can bring my consolized hyper if I ever get off my ass and finish it.

Hopefully by then BlueMary will have his consolized MVS (made by me :D) and we will have that as well.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I am all for this. Unfortunatly all I would be able to do is bring a DC with sticks and ports. I do not have anything else portable aside from MVS games, but I can't bring my cab, sorry.

Game Klub (right off of the Causeway) has MS5, SS5, and KOF'03 right now if you all want to meet there instead.

Keep me updated. I live in Belle Chasse if you wanted to come and visit aside from a get together. That invitation is open to just about anyone in the NO area.

RastafaJones

Super Sidekicks 2
I think we're better off if we meet at our own place instead of an arcade. For one, we can bring the consoles and games we want to play, we don't have to pay to play the games, we can play whatever we want for as long as we want--it doesn't matter to me how long into the night we play, also since I am hosting the place we will have our own room instead of a public place. Also since we are the owners of KJ on the Boulevard, there is no need to worry about food. Remember the only thing is you must bring your systems and games.

Decepticon, try to get your consolized MVS ready by April or the one you're making for Blue Mary Mania 8--whichever is fine. I was also wondering if you could consolize an MVS for me if ever I decide to do that. Anyway we can talk about it more when we meet at the gathering in April. I will just be in town for a week so maybe if you do it and take a long time I can just have you leave it with my mom since she lives in New Orleans. If it's OK with you?

Shapermc go ahead and bring your DC and whatever other system you don't mind bringing. We shouldn't just relegate this to just Neo Geo. It would be great to have a bunch of systems. Also if you have a joystick for the DC, go ahead and bring that too.

There MIGHT be a TV available, BUT you guys should go ahead and bring extra TV's just in case. Although I will try to have at least 1 TV available for our use.

Also, remember somebody bring a digital camera so we can have pics of our gathering in the photo album.

I think this would be great as long as everone brings something. Since I will only be in town for a short while, I won't have anything with me. But I am offering the place and the food.

If you guys know others in New Orleans, try to get a hold of them too so we can have as many people attend this get together as possible. Later.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
RastafaJones said:
MODS!! PLEASE STICKY THIS!!! IT'S A GET TOGETHER THREAD!!!:)

I'd put that in the thread title - you'd have a better chance of grabbing their attention that way.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
Shapermc said:
I am all for this. Unfortunatly all I would be able to do is bring a DC with sticks and ports. I do not have anything else portable aside from MVS games, but I can't bring my cab, sorry.

Game Klub (right off of the Causeway) has MS5, SS5, and KOF'03 right now if you all want to meet there instead.

Keep me updated. I live in Belle Chasse if you wanted to come and visit aside from a get together. That invitation is open to just about anyone in the NO area.
Hey I use to live in Belle Chasse. Man it's been a while...How long have you been there for? To think there could have been another Neo fan around all that time...:crying:

Shapermc

IoriYagami n8 said:
Hey I use to live in Belle Chasse. Man it's been a while...How long have you been there for? To think there could have been another Neo fan around all that time...:crying:
Oh, I only moved here just about 1 year ago. Don't feel to bad. There never seem to be Neo fans where I live.

Bump?

RastafaJones

Super Sidekicks 2
Oh Well!! Forget it then. I thought people would be enthusiastic about this and would want to this this thing actually go through.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Too bad they replaced the 2-slot MVS that was located at the Poncho's Family Mexican Restaurant around Baton Rouge with a Namco class of 1981 machine.

It was only $0.25 a play for Samurai Shodown2 or Metal Slug X. And when I was younger, they had Kabuki Clash at one time.

It's a pity. They got rid of the only intact, complete MVS I've ever found. :( Hope you guys have a successful get-together. I'm just sad that I don't live in the Lousiana area anymore.

Shapermc

RastafaJones said:
Oh Well!! Forget it then. I thought people would be enthusiastic about this and would want to this this thing actually go through.
Give me a PM if you want to come over to my place and get some gaming on. We could meet up at the arcade then take it back to my place or what ever. My wife would be cool with it.

We can just make everyone else green with envy.

RastafaJones

Super Sidekicks 2
Shapermc said:
Give me a PM if you want to come over to my place and get some gaming on. We could meet up at the arcade then take it back to my place or what ever. My wife would be cool with it.

We can just make everyone else green with envy.

Check your pm!!

Leman Russ

n00b
I thought i was the only one in belle chasse who liked the Neo. man there seems to be quite a few of you guys. did anyone go to BCHS? maybe i know you guys. I would be down for a get together if its still on.

Shapermc

It is still on, check your PMs :)

That is looking like 3 people. Woo hoo!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
Hope you guys have a successful get-together. I'm just sad that I don't live in the Lousiana area anymore.

Me too :( - I miss my friends, I miss my family, I miss teh womenz. But most of all, I miss teh crawfish berlz :D.

Shapermc

KagerouSama said:
Hope you guys have a successful get-together.
Everything went great! Thanks to all who came and those who stayed late into the morning.

Pics will be available soon!

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
And to think I nearly forgot about posting in here. Can't wait to see how things went for you guys.

Of course, I could try to promote a Georgia get together, but I only know of three active Georgia members....all in different parts of the state. A dry, nearly neo-free state with hardly a cab to show. If it weren't for "t3h inferior p0r75" I may never have picked up on the Neo.

Nice to know things went great.

--KagerouSama