King of Fighters 2002 for XBOX

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Tenshinhan said:
I'll probably be getting this for XBOX, even though I can't see how the D-pad for the XBOX can possibly good for 2D fighters.

A true Fighting game couldn't possible find any D-pad good for any 2D fighters

get a stick, and stop being a wuss

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
The D-pad on the xbox controller is craptacular, but there is plenty of Arcade sticks out there you can buy :).

But October 12, 2004!?!?, waah how can it take that long :mad:

Tenshinhan

n00b
get a stick, and stop being a wuss

Thanks for the advice. I actually like d-pads for 2D games. I think it feels more natural. I never got used to sticks, because they have a 3D feel to them (while the 2 dimensional feel to the d-pad seems to be perfect for me.). I can pull off any move on a Dreamcast's d-pad.

Curt

apostate
The only way I'd play this is if it had Live support... or if I couldnt afford the AES... in that case I'd find some way to wire a neo stick to the Xbox ;)

Underdog

Camel Slug
The Controller S actually has a really good dpad, it's the pressure sensitive buttons that suck.

OT: Meh. Give us a port of 2k1 and I'll be happy. 2k2 is dull.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
If it is live, it should ROCK!

Although you cannot play this game with a control pad... get a Pelican real arcade stick. $ 50.00.. cheap!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Yes the Pelican stick is good for the money...buy some Happs buttons and sticks for another $30 and replace the guts! heheh

Or just get one from MAS Systems.

pixeljunkie

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
October 2004!? Playmore is one of the biggest jokes in the gaming industry when it comes to next gen consoles. Taking ytour sweet ass time with a niche game is bad enough bot when the game is hampered by having the 2002 in the logo it is even worse.

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
I gotta agree, it does amaze me how long they take to port these games.

2002 is a damn good game, but I've had it for almost a year now for dreamcast and so does anyone else who really wanted the game.

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
I hope they have not planned to make much money on this release, casual gamers are not going to pick up a title that says "2002" in the end of 2004.. And considering Playmores past record, I would not be surprised if it got delayed too..

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Reality Check said:
So no PS2 port?

The PS2 port is going to be Japanese-only, and should be coming out ina few weeks.

As for why anyone would want this version, it's going to have some more added characters over the DC release and it looks like redone BGs as well. The added characters, in addition to Shingo and King, are Geese, Goenitz, and Orochi Iori.

Regarding the Xbox release, hopefully it will have Live play, then I'd pick it up. But if the release date is so far off in the States, IMO they shouldn't even bother and instead port KOF Neo Wave with Live play.

Lee

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Lyte Edge said:
But if the release date is so far off in the States, IMO they shouldn't even bother and instead port KOF Neo Wave with Live play.

Makes my brain hurt why they:

A.) take SOOOO FRIGGIN' long to port these games, and

B.) Why they don't do something intelligent like concentrate on the latest release?!

pixeljunkie

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
Personally I hope that SNKP would release some kind of Arcade Collection for the Xbox, and include a bunch of their less popular games on it like Matrimelee and Rage of Dragons. I think a collection like that would sell fairly well because it would be games that not so many have already played.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Visuatrox said:
Personally I hope that SNKP would release some kind of Arcade Collection for the Xbox, and include a bunch of their less popular games on it like Matrimelee and Rage of Dragons. I think a collection like that would sell fairly well because it would be games that not so many have already played.

I agree 100%, but when i asked Ben Herman by e-mail he said they "don´t have plans for any more collections". Sad sad sad.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Someone from these boards needs to work for SNK... or someone from these boards needs to post on these boards and be a fan of their own games.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Tenshinhan said:
Thanks for the advice. I actually like d-pads for 2D games. I think it feels more natural. I never got used to sticks, because they have a 3D feel to them (while the 2 dimensional feel to the d-pad seems to be perfect for me.). I can pull off any move on a Dreamcast's d-pad.
I don't prefer d-pads and like sticks more, but I can pull off Geese's Raging Storm in CvS2 on the DC with the standard pad. :D

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I don't prefer d-pads and like sticks more, but I can pull off Geese's Raging Storm in CvS2 on the DC with the standard pad. :D
That is adaptability... You must have a thumb made of iron. I'm happy enough to be able to do it on an ASCII pad FT, which has a great kind of Saturn-styled D-pad. Never even occurred to me to attempt it on the standard DC pad.

About KOF having "2002" in the title: maybe they'll rename it to make it sound more current, like they did when they released KOF '98 for DC in 1999. They called it KOF Dream Match '99 (which I thought was kind of weird, since they ended up calling KOF '99, "99" also).

Reality Check

World Hero
Lyte Edge said:
The PS2 port is going to be Japanese-only, and should be coming out ina few weeks.

I'm confused now. The current issue of EGM said that KoF 2K2 was going to be on PS2 in Summer 2004.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Yeah that's probably based off of old old news...

Sorry, but it's not coming to the PS2 in the U.S. because Sony hates Jesus.

Reality Check

World Hero
Syxx573 said:
Yeah that's probably based off of old old news...

Sorry, but it's not coming to the PS2 in the U.S. because Sony hates Jesus.

That'll be stupid. If SCEA approved 2000 and 2001, why not 2002?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Reality Check said:
That'll be stupid. If SCEA approved 2000 and 2001, why not 2002?
Simple. KOF 2000 and KOF 2001 was a compilation of sorts while KOF 2002 by itself isn't.