Atomis wave kof pics

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Oh well, it looks much more similar to the regular MVS KoF games than I thought it would be... Which possibly is a good thing.
Thanks for the news :).

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
This is really confusing.

Kyo99? The New Face team is back? Saisyu? Old sprites?

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
It looks really good. Hopefully it will have gameplay to match.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
yep. just what I had imagined. Like CvS 1 and 2 with the rips from the alpha series. Same old same old

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
It seems like an ok idear if they take out the charge moves or they create it so you can do the jd into specials easy for the charge characters.

If this game gets no new moves then its not a good sign, they should be cramming it with tons of new moves ao it can become like another special edition or something.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I don't know what to say. The only thing I can think of is that everything looks clearer and not so dark. Other than that, I don't really see any difference.... But hopefully we'll see some surprises.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
those bgs look fucking amazing!

im confused though..

weve got kof 04
kof neo wave
kof maximum impact???

so this must be the game coming out in may right?

this will be a loke test and a half :)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That is odd... I'm always happy to see the New Face team, but with Kyo back in his '99-'02 outfit, it makes me question the authenticity of the shots. Didn't someone post that SNK had already submitted something for KOF '04 to Sammy, and had it rejected for being too similar to the old stuff? One thing I like in the shots Mushiki posted (my Mac saw the others as text...) is that the impact effects look sprite based, and not those stupid glow effects from CvS and the GG series. And they have mode select like KOF '98?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I was just about to post how boring the bg look. well it's all down to taste I guess. This looks like traditional kof - not tag team kof which may be kof 2k4. this may be some kind of dream match? we will know in time I guess

edit. check out the art - back to kof99 standards and style. who was the artist back then?

then again its anime-like to be...

Last edited:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Well, this isn't King of Fighters 2004...

The game list says -

King of Fighters NEOWAVE
King of Fighters 2004
Samurai Spirits AW
Metal Slug 6

So this is NEOWAVE...

Maybe a big Dream Match to start the series on Atomiswave? Sounds so... the system looks like the old round-based system, and already dead characters are back... I just hope this is a real Dream Match with all the KOF characters up to 2002 and nice ingame AST.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
beelzebubble said:
those bgs look fucking amazing!

im confused though..

weve got kof 04
kof neo wave
kof maximum impact???

You lucky bastard beelze:cool:

:help: i'm stuck in the uk...

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
I was just about to post how boring the bg look. well it's all down to taste I guess. This looks like traditional kof - not tag team kof which may be kof 2k4. this may be some kind of dream match? we will know in time I guess

edit. check out the art - back to kof99 standards and style. who was the artist back then?

they dont look flat.. look at the bridge one with the city or the eiffel tower looking thing.. the shading looks really good too.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
Backgrounds look great.
Is this "NeoWave"
Whats up on the story? I see the Orochi team is in..?

It would be kinda cool of the first game they release on the hardware is a true "Dream Match" game with EVERY KOF character playable with 2004 following shortly there after.

justdefend

Quiz Detective
Yes! It has justdefended!! It's comforting to see the Neo sprites we know and love against suped up backgrounds and special effects. The art for the 3 vs. 3 poster is pretty kick ass. Knowing how well KOF 2003 turned out, SNK should have no problems on the gameplay front. Here's to the start of a new future.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
im stupid and should head to gamefaqs permanently but for fucks sake i want to play honfu and tung in a new game...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
no question about the technique used to make the BGs but they look barren and unspectacular. Think kof 94 which was bursting at the seams. I would LOVE it if different rounds made for different times of the day like ff games.

By the way its dumb but NEOWAVE - get it? neo geo/atomiswave -neowave?:D :D I'm slow

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
beelzebubble said:
im confused though..

weve got kof 04
kof neo wave
kof maximum impact???

Color me confused as well.:confused:
So, KOF NEOWAVE (for Atomiswave) looks like another KOF'98/'02-esque "dreammatch," with as many old faces (and, apparently, old costumes and sprites) as possible.
KOF Maximum Impact (for PS2) is the 3D KOF.
And KOF 2004 (for Atomiswave) is not the same as NEOWAVE and will likely continue where '03 left off, story-wise and sprite-wise.
Have I finally got my brain mostly wrapped around this whole thing, or am I still missing something?

BTW, is it just me, or do the character portraits on the vs screen (and next to the lifebars) bear alot of stylistic similarities to Murata Renge's illustrations for the Gouketsuji Ichizoku / Power Instinct series (most notably, the portraits in Matrimelee)?

--Chris

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
no question about the technique used to make the BGs but they look barren and unspectacular. Think kof 94 which was bursting at the seams. I would LOVE it if different rounds made for different times of the day like ff games.

By the way its dumb but NEOWAVE - get it? neo geo/atomiswave -neowave?:D :D I'm slow

i know what you mean but i liked the sparseness of the chaos bgs in a way. i think there was a nice style to them. a mix would be good.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
The backgrounds themselves might be valid enough reason for a hardware switch. I just have to wonder, 'When am i ever going to get a chance to play these games?'

Ports just seem so boring to me.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
Color me confused as well.:confused:
So, KOF NEOWAVE (for Atomiswave) looks like another KOF'98/'02-esque "dreammatch," with as many old faces (and, apparently, old costumes and sprites) as possible.
KOF Maximum Impact (for PS2) is the 3D KOF.
And KOF 2004 (for Atomiswave) is not the same as NEOWAVE and will likely continue where '03 left off, story-wise and sprite-wise.
Have I finally got my brain mostly wrapped around this whole thing, or am I still missing something?

That's it, in other words... we will be having a lof of KOF this year, I am really excited.

BTW, is it just me, or do the character portraits on the vs screen (and next to the lifebars) bear alot of stylistic similarities to Murata Renge's illustrations for the Gouketsuji Ichizoku / Power Instinct series (most notably, the portraits in Matrimelee)?

Yes, they look pretty similar, but they also make me recall the portraits for KOF99... by the way... where's Falcoon? T.T

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Great. Aside from 3d backgrounds everything is still recycled. Diminishes my hopes of a proper makeover to the SS series.