Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Super Side Kicks 2

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Neo Geo Cup 98

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters

splits

n00b
I won't mention Super Sidekicks 3 or 4 for obvious reasons. Neo Cup 98 is basically 3, and nobody likes 4.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Why isn't Goal Goal Goal an option?
Anyway, I voted Super Sidekicks 2

[OCEAN]

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Your poll is entitled "your best soccer game" whereas you don't even mention games like:

Goal Goal Goal
Pleasure Goal
Soccer Brawl
Super SIdekicks 3 and 4 (many gamers like these games the most)

:spock:

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
Heh, the Super Sidekicks series was good. I'm not really much into soccer as I used to be but I love playing these games!! For some reason, I especailly liked Super Sidekicks 2 the best as it was so fun to play but I also thought Super Sidekicks 3 was ok too. I haven't gotten the chance to play Neo Cup '98 yet.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
I like the original, which is great to 'pick up and play'.

Every now and again i play sidekicks 2 which is a bit more involved (which is to it's credit).

Thing is people who i play against aren't that experienced, so number 1 is better for a more competative match.

With the price of these games being so low, you may as well get both 1 & 2 TBH.

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I know it's not a Neo game, but Mega Man soccer gets my vote! (Despite the fact it's not on there.)

ClassicMode1985

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Super SideKicks 2: THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

Seriously, I dont even like sports games, but this game draws me in for no reason...last time I played a Soccer game was "Mega Man Soccer" just for the name sake purposes :p I got a hold of this title for the first time last week, and it's...really..really good...I get a kick out of how dramatic they get when they hit a goal!

GOAL! hehe

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Voted for NGC98 but I'd vote for Super Sidekicks 3 in a heartbeat if you put it on there. Every time I play it against someone we get all crazy, yelling and trash-talking like nuts. Doesn't happen for Magical Drop, KOF, Turf Masters, etc. but Super Sidekicks 3 gets the adrenaline up. Is the presentation for 3 the same as the others, with the cutscenes and all that?

Note that I've only played SSK3 and NGC98 (and 98 was one time at an arcade).

"Kill Button! The Kill Button!"

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
NGC'98 is simply SS3-plus. Nothing taken out, only extras.

I voted for NeoGeo Cup '98 because it is the best soccer game of all time, but I still think it would have been cool if Tecmo World Soccer '96 was on the list along with Futsal and Goal Goal Goal.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I'm really suprised that most people pick Sidekicks 2 over the first game.

For me, Sidekicks 1 has much cleaner sprites than those digitized looking horrors in 2. Also the gameplay feels alot more solid especially with the tackling. In Sidekicks 2 in can be really hard to connect with a tackle making the best option to just run though your opponent to get the ball, this makes the game look really silly, and alomst broken in some ways...

Balls to Sidekicks 2. :kekeke:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Virtual Striker 2 on the gamecube and world wide soccer on the saturn. But on the neo it would have to be ultimate 11 althought I'd love to give futsal a shot.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Seeing as Soccer Brawl isn't there, it has to be Super Sidekicks 3 The Next Glory, said in his best Back To The Future voice.

Knatty Dreadnok

Crossed Swords Squire
Neo Geo Cup '98, it's like Ultimate 11 without the the super kick meter, if I'm not mistaken aren't the players in Neo Cup '98 bigger than in Super Side Kicks 1-3.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Super sidekicks 2!!!.... mabe because its the ONLY neo footy game i have...
I don't really like footy... but this is ok & playable.. & that can only be a good thing.