Super Real Mahjong... why can't I declare Ron/Tsumo???

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
I picked this up, read the rules, and I thought I had it right. In fact, I won my first match no problem. I get to the second woman to play against, and I got one round on her, but I swear I have 5 different times where I have 4 sets of 3 and a pair and it won't let me declare that I won! Is there some extra rule I'm missing?

-AG

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Adam Gallant said:
I picked this up, read the rules, and I thought I had it right. In fact, I won my first match no problem. I get to the second woman to play against, and I got one round on her, but I swear I have 5 different times where I have 4 sets of 3 and a pair and it won't let me declare that I won! Is there some extra rule I'm missing?

-AG

Yes there is. In Mahjong, it's not just the three of a kinds and sequential threes you have to make, you also have to satisfy the victory conditions by meeting at least 3 points. Some of the things that will yield points are like not having either 1's or 9's in your hand grants 1 point, not having letter cards grants 1 point, having 3 sets of 4 cards grants you three points, and so forth. The best thing to do to learn up on these victory conditions is to search for a mahjong website that describes the game in depth.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Also, you can't declare Ron if the tile you want to take is the same as one you've already discarded earlier in the hand. There are a bunch of little things like that. Keep at it, it's a great game, although Mahjong is a lot more fun playing with other people.

phyrexiadamned

Mr. Big's Thug
go to gamefaqs.com they have so good info on how to play
i just baught that game myself and i am fairly good at it but its all thanks to gamefaqs.com

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Are there any free majong games for the PC? I've always wanted to learn more about the game as well but I can only find those stupid tile stacking mahjong games.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Syxx573 said:
Are there any free majong games for the PC? I've always wanted to learn more about the game as well but I can only find those stupid tile stacking mahjong games.
Yeah, that's not even Mahjong, that's Shanghai which is just played with mahjong tiles. I hate it when a store or something lists a game as mahjong and it's actually shanghai. It's like calling 52 Pick-Up a game of Poker, since you are using the same deck of playing cards.