SNKP speaks out on Atomiswave releases

Curt

apostate
This is the final nail

Sammy had to confirm it, now SNKP.......awww shoot!:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

MrLonghair

Morden's Lackey
Hooray for progress.

It's like changing cars from an old beauty that's been doing it's last laps for the past few years to a new one that's faster or smth.

Vernon

"Stumpy"
SNKP's Kazuya Hirata Speaks On KOF 2004
We're going to start planning out [for KOF2004], but there's been a lot of ideas that we couldn't do on the NeoGeo, so hopefully we can realize them on the Atomiswave

mmm interesting!!! :multi_co:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I can't believe it's the end. I mean the REAL end, it's a little shocking. I bought Kof 2k1 the day it came out cause I thought it would be the last neo geo game ever released on the home system. What a shock. I thought I was prepared for this, but playing kof on a different system is going to be strange. I guess the best days of kof are already over, but this is just weird....

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Say goodbye to classic gaming as we know it. :( (Sigh) Oh well...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
NeoLord said:
Say goodbye to classic gaming as we know it. :( (Sigh) Oh well...

You're going to stop playing Samurai Shodown 2 or something?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Nobody's taking away the TONS of sweet ass games the system already has, people. For the games' sake, this needs to be done. I love MOTW, FFS, KOF, Metal Slug, SS, and Last Blades just as much as the rest of you. You'll have these games forver.

This needs to happen, and we all should be glad we had a run THIS long. I mean, I bought my first AES in 98 and thought "man, I can't wait to play SamSho"... not knowing that there was still a scene! I thought it died in 96 (since no arcade near me ever had Neo Geo from then on). The scene lasted MUCH longer than any other, and this was bound to happen soon.

Let's enjoy what we have, and enjoy what may be!
Spike

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
Nobody's taking away the TONS of sweet ass games the system already has, people. For the games' sake, this needs to be done. I love MOTW, FFS, KOF, Metal Slug, SS, and Last Blades just as much as the rest of you. You'll have these games forver.

This needs to happen, and we all should be glad we had a run THIS long. I mean, I bought my first AES in 98 and thought "man, I can't wait to play SamSho"... not knowing that there was still a scene! I thought it died in 96 (since no arcade near me ever had Neo Geo from then on). The scene lasted MUCH longer than any other, and this was bound to happen soon.

Let's enjoy what we have, and enjoy what may be!
Spike

Agreed - good post. Let the poor Neo R.I.P. :D.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
SonGohan said:

I know where you're going with the above statement and you're right; I just wanted to see more games for our favorite classic system.

syringe

Banned
Yes it's already been discussed to death, we dont need another thread on this.

It might be prudent for a moderator to merge all the existing threads on the move to the atomiswave.

Last edited:

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
RBjakeSpecial said:
I bought Kof 2k1 the day it came out cause I thought it would be the last neo geo game ever released on the home system

Yah man, me too. I was amazed when they announced Rage of the Dragons.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
NeoLord said:
I know where you're going with the above statement and you're right; I just wanted to see more games for our favorite classic system.

I side with NeoLord 100% on this one. It's not like the classic games won't be there anymore, but a "new" game on a classic system is garunteed to serve you that classic feel and gameplay that, well, we're all looking for. The Atomiswave could never give me the same nostagic joy that I get when recieving a brand new homecart in the mail. It's just amazing to see how they work with the neo, and i'm always excited about what they are doing next. So they've reached the 708Meg limit, so what? That doesn't mean that games can't get better. As many arguments in the past have stated, if Nintendo could do it with the FX chip, then SNK could too. I just refuse to see the move to atomiswave as progression, I see it more as a way for Playmore to simply give up. It had to end someday, but why so soon after purchasing the company? Why force us to give playmore a chance when they planned on killing the neo in the end? They recieved so much money from their lawsuits, but the greedy pricks needed even more. They sold out, plain and simple. They could have at least gone out with a bang...

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
From a logical business standpoint, it was the absolute best thing SNKP could do. I am very grateful that SNK developed for the Neogeo as long as they did, but no offense, business wise they had no idea what they were doing.

I do not think the Atomiswave games will be as good as the Neogeo games. If you would like to see examples of SNK developing for other consoles, look at the Dreamcast or the PS2. They never seem to be able to get it just right.

The only way they are really going to be able to "move on" would be to totally reinvent the genres. Otherwise, we are going to have Capcom vs. SNK 2. Sprites mixed in with 3d backgrounds with strange music. No thank you!!!!

I am not unhappy at all though. I couldn't keep up with the new releases anyhow. This way, I won't have to worry about them selling out so fast.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
OmegaSaber said:
It's fucking business, now dry your eyes and play your Neo.

Agreed. Seriously, screw Nostalgia. Give me progress. As long as its the same series were used to on a new system i dont see the fuss is about. The neo had a glorious run and now its time has come.

MrLonghair

Morden's Lackey
Goodbye to classic gaming?

The pcbs and MVS carts on my bookshelves will still be classic in a years time. What is the problem?

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Just curious if there'll be home console version of Atomiswave and home version of the games, since they're basicly on cartridge form and SNKP can simply modify the carts with dif pin width just like they did with MVS to AES.

I'm sure SNKP can do this if there's enough market for it especially in Japan.

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
SonGohan said:

I already stopped, but I'll keep playing AoF2 until the cows come home! HUZZAH!

Still, while a bit sad this does have loads of potential. Everyone and their complete movelists intact? I wonder if it's possible now.

Still, I'll have tons of time to collect MVS games until Atomiswave boards become cheap enough to get home versions of :)

-AG

TriShield

Host for Orochi
I hope they're a bit better at producing games for Atomiswave than they were with the last batch of Neo releases...

:emb:

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
MrLonghair said:
Goodbye to classic gaming?

The pcbs and MVS carts on my bookshelves will still be classic in a years time. What is the problem?

Some people should read between the lines more often. Res knew exactly what I meant:

ResOGlas said:
I side with NeoLord 100% on this one. It's not like the classic games won't be there anymore, but a "new" game on a classic system is garunteed to serve you that classic feel and gameplay that, well, we're all looking for.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
OmegaSaber said:
It's fucking business, now dry your eyes and play your Neo.

Funny you should say that -- no, really it is! It's not like you're posting on neo-geo.com or anything. :rolleyes: God forbid the idea of someone still preferring the Neo-Geo hardware.

Edit:
P.S. I am keeping an open mind until SNK actually releases KOF on the Atomiswave. Then and only then will I have a real opinion about the Atomis, SNK selling out, and the blind support this venture has had from the start.

Last edited: