Pre-Production Test Day

Hi all

This is a special invitation for up to 6 neo gamers to test the first pre-production software for super bubble pop (neo-geo version) at our new factory headquarters in Stockton on Tees, UK.

It will be a saturday event (13th March being the first provisional date, although the 20th March is a backup date at this time) commencing at noon and running through until 4-5pm.
Refreshments will be provided for those attending.

The new Raptor Video Game System will also be on display running the updated Super Bubble Pop Software.

There will also be an opportunity to see a prototype version of Manic Panic (3D parallax maze game) up and running in the showroom area. Confidentiality paperwork will not be required from attendees as access to these 2 projects has now been opened up.

2004 Release schedule is now as follows:

Super Bubble Pop - 3D Puzzle Game
Manic Panic - 2D Parallax Scrolling Maze Based Game
Ultimate Soccer - 2D Soccer Game
Tommy K Special Ops - 2D horizontal scrolling Platform level game
Blox - 2D Puzzle Game
TBD - 2D Vertical Scrolling Shooter
Manic Panic 2 (Q4/Q1) - Updated Version - New Mazes and Effects

Our New Contact Details:

Vektorlogic Limited
3 Task Road Industrial Estate
Stockton on Tees
TS18 2ES
United Kingdom

Ph - +44 (0) 1325 675533
Fax - +44 (0) 1325 675544

New site will be up next week.

Interested parties should apply via e-mail to

sbptest@vektorlogic.com

Thanks

Jeff F

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Although I have no doubt you'll find six hamsters to spin your wheel for you... do you actually have a licence to produce software for the Neo Geo system?

If so, are you using SNK genuine parts for MVS/AES production?

I'm not trying to trying to be funny, but how do you expect to make any money out of this when I'm sure you've read the derision thrown at stuff like Diggerman, and those who have released anything not even remotely SNK Playmore endorsed?

Personally I think you're on a hiding to nothing... especially if the product does not match the latest (official) releases from Japan in terms of overall quality.

Just my two cents...

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Harsh words, but the points are valid.

Do you have a projected price for this software??

Curt

apostate
I'd bee interested to see what these games atleast look like (screenshots)

amdg

n00b
Jeff Is A Thief

JEFF IS A THIEF

I PAID FOR OVER $2000.00 IN PCB'S AND NEVER GOT THEM, OVER 4 MONTHS AGO I HAVE MADE MANY E-MAIL TO JEFF AND CALL HIM WITH NO RESPONSE. I HAVE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FBI, THEY ARE LOOKING INTO THE MATTER.

IF ANYONE HOW WOULD LIKE TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FBI WEB LINK BELOW
https://www.ifccfbi.gov/update/

DON’T BUY FROM THIS GUY

FRED THORNBURY
AMDG AMUSEMENTS

SEND MY MONEY BACK I WILL STOP INFORMING PEOPLE OF YOUR CRIMES

VEKTORLOGIC
JEFF FERRIER
(011) 44-164-2675-533 (THIS IS THE NUMBER FROM THE USA) OFFICE OR HOME
(011) 44-1325-488466 (FAX)
(011) 44-7957-256382 (OTHER NUMBER)

ADDRESS:
UNIT 4 NESTFIELD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
ALBERT HILL, DARLINGTON COUNTY DURHAM
DL12NW

NOW I AM NOT PROMOTING ANYONE GO TO HIS HOME AND KICK THE SHIT OUT OF HIM AND GET THERE MONEY BACK BUT IF YOU DO GRAB 2000.00 AND PAYPAL IT TO ME AT AMDG@ARCADESHOWROOM.COM. YOU CAN EVEN TAKE A 10% FINDERS FEE FOR YOUR EFFORTS

THANK YOU

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Tough Crowd

Baseley09 said:
Harsh words, but the points are valid.

Do you have a projected price for this software??

Yes, some of the guys around here are very hard on neogeo homebrew developers. However, we need to make sure that it is understood by both the neo-geo gamers as well as the neo-geo developers as to WHY this is the case.

:emb:

1) Neo-Geo fans are among the most loyal system followers in the world. No other game system in HISTORY retailed at $649.99 with software STARTING at $199.99 a piece. So anyone who supports a system like that, and did so for 14 long years, is rather tough to "win over" with promises no matter what they may be.

2) The stigma which was created by "Diggerman" is in-escapable. It truly did leave a bad taste in our mouths. And even though "technically" Vektorlogic did not really have very much to do with the game, they were the only known "distributor" to actually advertise and carry stock for sale of the game.

3) The ORIGINAL proposed "first title" for the neo by Vektorlogic was suppossed to be "Neo Sparks". 3 years later, we are told that the project was scrapped due to all of the complications which came about from SNK and their hardware/software proprieties. So this "first attempt" was "vapor-ware".

4) Now we are shown "bubble pop" and given a whole slew of NEW "promises" which very well may come about this time BUT since we are at this stage "overly-cautious & skeptical" anything which resembles an OASIS is treated as a MIRAGE until PROVEN otherwise.

5) As much as I respect the hard time and work that Jeff and his team has put into making software for the neo (and I know it is alot), it pains me to say that it is not enough and NEVER will be and WILL in-evitbly FAIL. Because sadly, we have ONLY been paying $300+ a game BECAUSE of KEY things such as history, loyalty, and quality. Something which is not earned nor achieved overnight.

:shame:

No doubt that Jeff is NOT getting into the "software" business of the neo-geo to "make money" or "please fans". Not alot of money can be made when you pay a team to create a game which will not sell above a certain pricepoint, and EVEN IF units do sell, they will be primarily to the arcade (MVS) market (what little is left of it in Mexico and the rest of the world) and NOT for very long. Because once these operators stop seeing coins in their cash boxes, which WILL happen with "sub-par" software...*(anything less then snk's worse product would qualify here so anything Jeff makes IS here)*...then even that well WILL dry up. And once that happens, the neo will finally be laid to rest.

Make what you can Jeff...(if any can even be made)...and then get the hell out of it. BOTH for YOUR own good...so you don't "buy the farm" by sinking your lifes earnings into a sinking ship...as well as for OUR own good so you don't "beat a dead horse" or "ruin the neo's legacy". We (and YES I speak for ALL the life-long loyal fans) prefer for the NEO-GEO to BURN OUT then fade away.

Leave HOMEBREW development to crazed hackers, over-zealous gamers, and bored ex-programmers. Because they do it for "fun" and thats all they get out of it. There is NO MONEY in homebrew, especially on the neo.

As for actually MAKING MONEY on neo-geo software? Well, if you want to do that there is actually ONE way to do so...start completing the game code list. Because those games WERE programmed by skilled programmers using the dev system and they DO have an allure to the top collectors and crazed gamers.

Just my two cents.
I wish you the best of luck either way.
I am not downplaying here, just giving my view of it all.
Regards,
Billy Pitt
:rolleyes:

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hey,

Whats the deal with your website? You said that it would be up & running this month? :spock:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
the way it was

DARK ANDY said:
3DO anyone?

The 3DO actually retailed at $699.99 rather then $649.99. Thus actually MORE expensive then the NEO-GEO. But more importantly, the software for the 3DO was standard (for the time) at $49.99 - $59.99. It's one thing to pay a "shock" price for a SYSTEM, so long as the software for it is "normal" afterwards. But the neo was RELENTLESS because the initial shock was NOT the only shock as software title purchases continued to hit the wallet hard long after the initial shock of the system purchase.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
KOF 98, FFS, GAROU, KOF 2001, Kizuna, SSIII = Neo

Dion dakis in a game - homebrew, not neo.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
Supergun made some very vaild points. Homebrew isn't easy at all and to think people will cough up $300 for something that looks generic or just very bland is insane. Hopefully the project goes well, but don't count on making money.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
SuperGun said:
The 3DO actually retailed at $699.99 rather then $649.99. Thus actually MORE expensive then the NEO-GEO. But more importantly, the software for the 3DO was standard (for the time) at $49.99 - $59.99. It's one thing to pay a "shock" price for a SYSTEM, so long as the software for it is "normal" afterwards. But the neo was RELENTLESS because the initial shock was NOT the only shock as software title purchases continued to hit the wallet hard long after the initial shock of the system purchase.

Maybe the software was cheap where YOU live.

New 3DO games cost $150-$200 Cdn when they came out here in Toronto, Ontario, and the price was standard for some Retail stores thorought Canada.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
DARK ANDY said:
Maybe the software was cheap where YOU live.

New 3DO games cost $150-$200 Cdn when they came out here in Toronto, Ontario, and the price was standard for some Retail stores thorought Canada.

Are you serious? There's no way that was normal...

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Homebrew = Shitty Game
And I'll keep this opinion until given a GOOD reason to change it. :shame:

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
The 3DO system retailed here for $699.99 as I should know as I bought one like 10 years ago! :loco:

In that case I still love the system and I played the hell out of it. Good Times! :p

Vas

Marked Wolf
amdg said:
JEFF IS A THIEF

I PAID FOR OVER $2000.00 IN PCB'S AND NEVER GOT THEM, OVER 4 MONTHS AGO I HAVE MADE MANY E-MAIL TO JEFF AND CALL HIM WITH NO RESPONSE. I HAVE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FBI, THEY ARE LOOKING INTO THE MATTER.

IF ANYONE HOW WOULD LIKE TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FBI WEB LINK BELOW
https://www.ifccfbi.gov/update/

DON’T BUY FROM THIS GUY

FRED THORNBURY
AMDG AMUSEMENTS

SEND MY MONEY BACK I WILL STOP INFORMING PEOPLE OF YOUR CRIMES

VEKTORLOGIC
JEFF FERRIER
(011) 44-164-2675-533 (THIS IS THE NUMBER FROM THE USA) OFFICE OR HOME
(011) 44-1325-488466 (FAX)
(011) 44-7957-256382 (OTHER NUMBER)

ADDRESS:
UNIT 4 NESTFIELD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
ALBERT HILL, DARLINGTON COUNTY DURHAM
DL12NW

NOW I AM NOT PROMOTING ANYONE GO TO HIS HOME AND KICK THE SHIT OUT OF HIM AND GET THERE MONEY BACK BUT IF YOU DO GRAB 2000.00 AND PAYPAL IT TO ME AT AMDG@ARCADESHOWROOM.COM. YOU CAN EVEN TAKE A 10% FINDERS FEE FOR YOUR EFFORTS

THANK YOU

if this is true Jeff your a tw@ and expect the hired goon's :very_ang: