MS3 for PS2

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Has anyone played the PS2 port of MS3? If so how is it compared to the cart version? :confused: Because porting to PS2 saves about $300+.... so I'm might consider it.... any advices? or comments?

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
It's basically the exact same game, even the music is the OST and not AST. The only extras it has are certain game modes, more options and stage select.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
I'm getting it next time I'm in Japan along with the other SNK ports.

grimm

Marked Wolf
Mushiki said:
It's basically the exact same game, even the music is the OST and not AST. The only extras it has are certain game modes, more options and stage select.

i was not aware they allowed a Jap release and not a us and pal one.. shame

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
I got the used one for $30 the other day. The game is great more options and etc. Funny part is that you can play the UFO stage using Enemy soldiers: grenade, bazooka, and shield soldier. :D

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:

Actually, no metal slug games ever had an AST, not even the neo cd versions. Honestly, it doesnt need one either.

Curt

apostate
I am interested in picking up a copy... of this...

unless the Xbox version is superior across the board...

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Graphically its very nice, although a little softer (aliased) than the AES version, but its hardly noticable.

Its defintely superior to the home-cart with its little mini-games and stage selection options.