IGN scored KOFEX2 8.0

NeoBaal

n00b
Here´s the link to the review. I think the average score it´s quite fair, since that´s more or less what the game desserves (though I´d give it a 9). The only part I disagree is in the lasting appeal, I think it´s a great game with lots of replay value, but you need a second cart (which totally blows).

So, what´s your opinion on the review? On the game itself?

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I gave the game a solid 6.

Its still crappy no matter what.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
IGN waits to long to do reviews on the sleeper hits like this game and the DDR games. But the hyped up sucky games they'll do right away.

NeoBaal

n00b
Syxx573 said:
IGN waits to long to do reviews on the sleeper hits like this game and the DDR games. But the hyped up sucky games they'll do right away.

Exactly. You have no idea on how much I kept on writing them to make a review. I don´t know why, since they suck for reviews. I guess it´s nice to see SNK related material on a mainstream site, and the fact that it´s today´s main story. I was really surprised when I entered the site, and saw the game´s cover with the words review on it.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
NeoBaal said:
Exactly. You have no idea on how much I kept on writing them to make a review. I don´t know why, since they suck for reviews. I guess it´s nice to see SNK related material on a mainstream site, and the fact that it´s today´s main story. I was really surprised when I entered the site, and saw the game´s cover with the words review on it.

IGN = Corporate = teh suck

They only take care of those that pay for it!!!:oh_no: Just another reason to support a Game Fanzine like Manci games http://www.mancigames.com/. They generally review games and such more objectively/unbiased.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Well, it's the best portable KOF you're gonna find, but it's not gonna be cutting into your time with the NGH KOF's.

I think the review is about right, considering the system and all. I'm surprised that some dipshit didn't give it like a 2 or something, saying something like "boo hoo, these graphics look so dated".

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
galfordo said:
Well, it's the best portable KOF you're gonna find, but it's not gonna be cutting into your time with the NGH KOF's.

I'll take the BLACK AND WHITE R-1 over EX2.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
c.t.h said:
I'll take the BLACK AND WHITE R-1 over EX2.

Yeah, that may be the better game from an objective standpoint - but I gotta have color in my KOF's.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
The KOF games in the NGP were way better than their GBA counterparts

NeoBaal said:
Here´s the link to the review. I think the average score it´s quite fair, since that´s more or less what the game desserves (though I´d give it a 9). The only part I disagree is in the lasting appeal, I think it´s a great game with lots of replay value, but you need a second cart (which totally blows).

So, what´s your opinion on the review? On the game itself?

Considering GBA games are only around $30, buying two carts isn't so bad.

Curt

apostate
yeah I think gameplaywise I prefer R-2 on NGP, but the GFX are about as good as it gets on handheld.
and its the best version on GBA... so its.... meh

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Remember when GBA they were hyping the feature on the GBA that let you play a 2p game using only one cart?

Companies don't seem to like that feature. :)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I think it was very well done, and is the best KOF portable yet.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
I think it's the best fighter for GBA just barely beating SFA3 .
Here's hoping for EX3, as it would be a portable form of 2001. :buttrock:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
From the article:

Samurai Showdowns and Fatal Furys, but the series that's outlasted them all, and continues to thrive, is the King of Fighter franchise.

Hmm..... 3 spelling errors in one sentance on major publication.

Sumbody neeeds a speling editer.......

Samurai Shodowns
Fatal Furies
King of Fighters

not that I care.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
norton9478 said:
From the article:

Hmm..... 3 spelling errors in one sentance on major publication.

Sumbody neeeds a speling editer.......

Samurai Shodowns
Fatal Furies
King of Fighters

not that I care.

LMAO :lol: Yeah i think most of the publications out there fired there Copy Editors to save money. :eek_2: