Mukai Tactics?

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
I know he's an SNK boss, but still...

this guy's a biatch!! his stone pillars and throws totally pwn me.

anybody has any tactics to beat this guy? THX!!!

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Abuse the standard Duolon strategies.

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
while we're on this topic, would you be kind enough to give some details on how to abuse DuoLon?

I just got the game in 2 days ago, and am still feeling my way around...

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Teleport a lot. Confuse your enemy

When you opponent is far away, you can perform the reverse DP+K to keep him busy until you can safely teleport to his back. When opponents start jumping because you abuse of the rDP+K technique, it is a nice moment to perform his QCB, HCF+P DM. Let me also add that you can connect a far away rDP+D into a rDP+B and then a jumping C/D.

If you get Duolon's "times" right you will understand how powerful and offensive/defensive this character can be. Truly a "God Tier".

You can start his combos off a standing C, but it I would reccomend you to strat off a crouching A/B, after that, you can either -

- Perform his QCF+Px3 combo, cancel into a QCF+B teleport and then standing C.

- Perform his QCF+P, F+K, QCB+P combo, followed by either

---- A offensive tag, into a combo/LDM.

---- Crouching A, QCF+Px3 combo.

---- (if the opponent is cornered) Crouching A, QCF+P, F+K, QCB+P, crouching A, QCF+P, F+K, QCB+P.... ~infinite~

I would never select Duolon as a leader, since he is nothing more than an "opener" for LDM combos. I rarely perform his DMs as well, but you should consider that Mukai loves getting hit by Duolon's invinsible HCBx2+P DM.

Duolon's hit ranges are pretty confusing as well, they tend to be extremely long, his down/forward+D, D combo tends to be unexpected and easy to hit.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
If you get the timing right, you will be able to finish Mukai using only Ash Crimson's charge Back, Forward+C fireball continuously.

Terry's Burn Knuckle (QCB+P) and Iori's QCB+Px3 seem to have good priority against him as well.

Defensive grappling works consistently

Mukai's tough, but he's also big, dumb, and predictable. I've seldom seen him jump and I haven't seen him crouch yet, so the easiest method I've found of defeating him is to use grapplers. What you want to do is to block the rocks and pillars he throws at you, then he'll usually charge in to try to petrify you with his throw or slide kick you. In either case, you should be able to do a command throw before he touches you. Sometimes he'll be so foolish as to walk slowly towards you; this just makes it all the easier to throw him.

Griffin, with the long reach and damage of his Justice Hurricane (hcb + A/C,) is perhaps the best choice for this tactic. Clark and even Ralf (despite the slight auto-block pause he has now) are also excellent for this method with their simple Argentine Backbreakers (hcf + B/D.) The first time I beat the game was with the Ikari Warriors team by having Clark go first, then Ralf; Leona never had to fight as I won by time-out by gradually wearing Mukai down.

By the time you beat Mukai with this technique, you'll have a pretty good understanding of his limitations, so you should have less problems defeating him afterwards with different tactics. Like all bosses, Mukai takes some getting used to, but soon you'll find him easy. To motivate you, I've copied some words of wisdom from the Official Nintendo Players Guide (1987) that help for this grappling method:

"This is the move to throw your opponent. Even though he resist you, throw him."

Soon, you'll have Mukai saying, "A winner is you!"

Last edited: