ST-V is it stereo or mono?

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
Is the ST-V stereo or mono ? I don't just want to put it in my cab without knowing what to wire the spaekers for.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Check your Emails I sent you some Dip Sheet Info..
http://www.system16.com/sega/hrdw_stv.html
http://www.system16.com/sega/files/manuals/stv_manual.pdf

I set the ST-V boards up in the Big Red that is set up for Stereo..
And it sure sounds like it's in Stereo..
All my cabs are set-up for Stereo,I've never tried an ST-V board in a mono set-up.
040223183955.jpg

From my manual it looks like it's mono though..

Last edited:

BigNick

Kula's Candy
it's stereo from the on board 4 pin connector like Neo & mono from the jamma edge.... The dedicated ST-V cab uses 2 speaker mono from the jamma edge.

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
Thanks cris1 and Big Nick.

Big Nick are you a KISS fan or making fun?

BigNick

Kula's Candy
Huge kiss Fan ! Are you? I don't collect kiss stuff anymore due to maxing out on swag room : ( but I still go to every tour and read up @ genesimmons.com, Kissonline.com and Kissaylum.com.
I've got every US album except the most recent Live album and the new GH. This summer is the next tour & I'll be there :buttrock:

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
Yes I was when I was a kid but I still listen to them and whent to a few of the last shows. I still have my Gene doll and I have all the KISS bubble gum cards. I have all the old LPs except thee of the solo LP. I only have Gene's LP I'll take A pic and send it to you of it . It is the one with his face is on the LP and not on the cover. I was Gene for Halloween way back when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. I have to ask my mom for the pics. ( she keeps all that stuff with the dates on them)

CarlDMC

Tung's Hair,
BigNick said:
it's stereo from the on board 4 pin connector like Neo & mono from the jamma edge.... The dedicated ST-V cab uses 2 speaker mono from the jamma edge.

Where is the 4-pin connector? And what signals go to each pin?
Also, I saw 4 jumpers near the battery. What are those for?
And (lastly) what do those 2 buttons do? They are to the left and back of the battery.

BigNick

Kula's Candy
4 pin sound for ST-V & Neo

Left
Gnd
Gnd
Right

the two buttons are test and service switch