RAM ERROR on Boot up - HELP PLZ

Nallchan

Quiz Detective
Hi guys ... if anyone would be so kind as to shed some light on this problem i would be most grateful.

Ive Currently got a Neo geo 4 Slot ( MVS-4-25 )

and directly on boot up i get a "RAM ERROR"

that gives its address ..

ramerror.jpg

I read somewhere that it is directly related to the battery being dead that keeps all the bios settings.

Furthermore, claimed that Leaving the system on for a few hours would recharge the battery and fix the problem....

.... 6 hours later... still the same prob....

Anyone have ANY ADVICE ?! im kinda at my wits end..

is there a way to REPLACE the Battery ? is it the battery at all ?
where do i locate the battery on the board even?

IS the board Screwed ?

same Results with or without a cart pluged in ...

any and all advice you guys can give me would be awesome..

Thanks alot for all your time,
Nallchan
Nall@direcway.com:) :)

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
It shouldn't be hard to locate the battery and replave it, just look for one in the board.

I would recommend you to install the unibios, check the sticky thread in this forum. It could help to track or solve the problem.

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
That particular error is NOt related to to the battery. It is a text RAM error with bit 7 of the higher order RAM stuck open. That would be pin 19 of one of the 43256 flatpack RAM, or it could be related to the LSPC-A0 (forget which pin, sorry).

try for a lifted up pin or a sohrted trace or a liquid spill there.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
A friend of mine has a similar error on his board.
neoerror.JPG

Is this the same problem?

Nallchan

Quiz Detective
:help: :help:

it might just be the same prob... what was the resolution to that error ? what did he have to fix ? / do ? .

ive been all over this board with a can of compressed air.. a Magnifying Glass and a 400 watt buld.. cant see any indication of anything spilt.. or any broken / burnt sodder joints...

anything you can think of to check let me know

:help:

--- Furthermore, Nightmaretony... damn man... :buttrock: you know your stuff.. never expected an answer that vivid...

I found / looked all both Chipsets you described... i saw no visable loose joints... or burn marks of any kind... is there anything else i should be looking for ? Dust build up maybe ?

once again .. any and all information in which you can provide would be invalueable...

Thanks again for everyone who replied...

Still havent solved this mystery quite yet :very_ang:

:help: :help:

ADDTIONALLY, Anyone know where i might happen to get a new Pc board Battery ? I tested it with a Meter .. only giving 1.3 volts of the 3.6v.... searched on Google and Altavista for about 3 hours today .. to find nothing but ONE Site ....100% in Japanese and of no use to me :(

Specs Below ( of Battery )

3.6 V 50 MAH
Sealed Ni-cd Battery
Rechargeable
(this particular one is made by " GS SAFT " )

nicd.jpg

im sure any other company will be fine..

Last edited:

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
firebomber said:
A friend of mine has a similar error on his board.
neoerror.JPG

Is this the same problem?

Thanks for posting this for me, Firebomber. Tony, I know you are the man when it comes to the Neo error codes and if you can tell me what the error means/what I should look for, I would really appreciate it.