Tips & Tricks Magazine-March 2004 issue: METAL SLUG 5 arcade review!

Freelancer

Banned
Jason Wilson has come through for us again! The latest issue of Tips & Tricks has a multi-page arcade feature and strategy for METAL SLUG 5! With lots of good color photos and tips throwin in for good measure! This is similar to the SVC CHAOS feature that was in the October 2003 issue, needless to say, quality work throughout!

As an added bonus, there's a small section about the debut of KOF2003 at some California arcade over in the back pages that detail out arcade tournament results!

It's $4.99 well spent! :)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Freelancer said:
Jason Wilson has come through for us again! The latest issue of Tips & Tricks has a multi-page arcade feature and strategy for METAL SLUG 5! With lots of good color photos and tips throwin in for good measure! This is similar to the SVC CHAOS feature that was in the October 2003 issue, needless to say, quality work throughout!

As an added bonus, there's a small section about the debut of KOF2003 at some California arcade over in the back pages that detail out arcade tournament results!

It's $4.99 well spent! :)

I was waiting for someone to post about it..Sweeet!!

Yes it is quality work throughout!...

Freelancer

Banned
GunstarHero said:
Is this magazine available at most bookstores?

Yes.
Barnes & Noble is where I bought my copy. Most supermarkets, Wal-Mart stores and Borders Books also carry it!

Good luck!

Ahh..cool thanks, I'm heading to buy a new frame for my new MS5 poster tomorrow, have to stop at the bookstore while I'm at it.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I also a few copies in Target last night..

I'm still getting the free issues..:D

Black Noah

Another Striker
T & T is a great magazine. They are the only mainstream gaming mag that covered KOF every year (I don't know if they did 2000).

I'm going to pick this up when I can.

Freelancer

Banned
galfordo said:
So .... what'd they think of the game?

Well, it really isn't a "review" per se. More of a explanation of the gameplay and brief strategies for some of the stages. Again, it's very similar to the SVC Chaos article that ran in the Oct 2003 issue.

Overall the article is very positive. Jason Wilson is pretty big in the arcade scene and he knows his stuff.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
jason acts arrogant as fuck sometimes online, and seems to get into fights where ever he goes. but it's cool he keeps it real in tips and tricks with the hardcore arcade titles.

Tridagger X

Geese's Thug
awww... i was hoping for a strategy on either Samurai Shodown 5 or King of Fighters 2003, but otherwise Metal Slug 5 is ok.
maybe next issue Jason will do a strategy article on KOF 03. ;)

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Yes I read it today, it was great. This is the only current
mag I'm subscribed to.