Continue Service

Freelancer

Banned
I rarely use it, though I can understand why some people will use it (after trying to beat Rugal in KOF2k2 for the 100th time).

matrimelee99

NEST Puppet
Funny you should mention KOF 2k2, that's what prompted me to post this. I can't beat the game without it. Pathetic, I know. :emb:

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
HHmm, interesting issue.
I personnally never used it and will never use it. I prefer try to death than use it. That's why I've never seen an end in KoF 98. But it doesn't matter because if I'd ever win with this, I'd find myself very miserable so even if I'll surely never see the end of several games I own, nevermind. I'll never use it.

Freelancer

Banned
matrimelee99 said:
Funny you should mention KOF 2k2, that's what prompted me to post this. I can't beat the game without it. Pathetic, I know. :emb:

If you're still having trouble with KOF2k2 Rugal, certain characters have "no-miss" moves that you can use over and over on Rugal once you've knocked him down at least once to slowly sap away Rugal's energy bit by bit while waiting for the round to end. Time overs are your friend...there's no need to completely KO Rugal to win the round.

For example, I've found that Andy Bogard's special moves, like the Wall Striking Palm (hcf+A or C when close) among others, seems to nail Rugal CONSISTENTLY. Either they knock him down, or he'll block and/or turtle losing energy in the process. If you can keep your timing up, just unleash this special move over and over and Rugal will be too busy blocking it to attack. Keep this up and let the round end in a "time over" It's cheap, yes. But, if you just want to see the ending, then by all means experiment.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I rarely ever use it (usually opting for no service).

As for KoF 2002:

It's easy to beat Rugal with Kula.

-reflect Reppuken with Counter Shell (also works on
Kaiser Wave, but takes much more precise timing)
-when he misses with a low Genocide Cutter, hit him
with Critical Ice or the A version of Diamond Breath;
use one of those or the A version of Crow Bites after
he finishes the high Genocide Cutter
-when you have enough power, enter MAX mode and
use Freeze Execution when he leaves himself open
(ideally on the way down from the high Genocide Cutter,
but comboing from her close standing C after blocking
his Gigantic Pressure DM also works)

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
I use it when I get to the point of wanting to break the controller out of frustration

Curt

apostate
I TRY not to use it

but yes for the boss battles sometimes it is essential... unless I wanna SPEND ALOT of time trying normally...

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Freelancer said:
I rarely use it, though I can understand why some people will use it (after trying to beat Rugal in KOF2k2 for the 100th time).

God, Rugal in 2k2 is such a bastard. It's the only game I use it in, and I usually do for full power stocks, and that's only when I feel like seeing the ending. ;)

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
I rarely use it although sometimes I do get a kick out of choosing the infinite SDM mode once in a while. :D

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Using Orochi Yashiro's Harmageddon HSDM on Rugal in the corner with Stock Replenish on is just funny. Serves Rugal right. I mean, He Genocide Cuts me into another Genocide Cutter, then does DM God Press. Makes me start swearing up a storm. I'd throw something at my cat if it still lived with me.