Update on Sammy's website.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I'm here for the Neo, who is here for the Atomiswave?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Games first, hardware second.

Anyone notice that the person who wrote the article is called Phuc Me Nau? :P Also a bit odd that its in the PS2 section.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:

I'm here for the Neo, doesn't mean I won't support possible new hardware when the games show up.

Who wants to register www.atomiswave.com no one has it yet.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Such a wonderful time... my two favorite systems, the Neo Geo and the Dreamcast, have finally become one. I really hope we see some amazing results from this. It is too bad that the DC died so long ago, the home ports would have been perfect... ahh well, I am sure they will do an ample job porting it to PS2, Xbox, or GC... wherever.

-Nick

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Fygee said:
Games first, hardware second.

Anyone notice that the person who wrote the article is called Phuc Me Nau? :P Also a bit odd that its in the PS2 section.

ROTF.... You can't tell me thats a coincidence. Man someones gotta a sweet sense of humor. Musta been written by a Neo Geo Fan:buttrock:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
nruva said:
Such a wonderful time... my two favorite systems, the Neo Geo and the Dreamcast, have finally become one. I really hope we see some amazing results from this. It is too bad that the DC died so long ago, the home ports would have been perfect... ahh well, I am sure they will do an ample job porting it to PS2, Xbox, or GC... wherever.

-Nick
Yeah, it's really too bad. I would've liked the games on DC. I wish Sammy would make some type of home console, I mean who isn't these days?

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Sundance said:
ROTF.... You can't tell me thats a coincidence. Man someones gotta a sweet sense of humor. Musta been written by a Neo Geo Fan:buttrock:

Or a racist -_-

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
to sad...:crying:

...but its look like an Atomiswave comin to my house... :mr_t:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Does anyone know what is the price for Atomiswave ROM carts?

Considering that these ROM carts can hold 128Mb (1Gbit) of data, it seems like we will finally get the famous "Giga Power".

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Lyte Edge said:
I'm here for the games. Who gives a shit about the hardware? :P

Lee

Agreed. It's the style and artistic quality of the games that attract me to the Neo. Not the specs.

When I look at a wonderful work of art, I'm not concerned with what company made the canvas.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:

I'm gonna continue to stay here for neo.
Fuck Atomiswave.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
As long as the games stay 2D and artistic works of beauty, I am happy.

Cost should improve, if all we have are ports, or the ports are just as good as the ROM carts.

If the intellectual properties and trademarks stay intact in the new org, things should be good.

I know that for many, the exclusive nature of the Neo is the biggest draw. Perhaps finally, mas appeal will be the result? If it is, many will part ways with their beloved SNK........ it seems that most of us are happy with the Neo remaining a cult item.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Mushiki said:
Does anyone know what is the price for Atomiswave ROM carts?

Considering that these ROM carts can hold 128Mb (1Gbit) of data, it seems like we will finally get the famous "Giga Power".

Right now places seem to prefer to sell the cart + motherboard combo. Buying the cart alone only gives you a "slight discount" over the cart + motherboard combo.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Games represent the HOME. HARDWARE represents the LOCATION.
A shitty home in a great location > A great home in a bad location.
SNKP is not SNK and Atomiswave is not Neo Geo
Where's the link??
-BB

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
If they atmoswave is not too expensive, I will buy one. Once they start releasing carts, I can call my local arcade dealer and get an estimate.