I spoke to SNK today..

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Well i had to find out for myself about all this new system stuff..so i gave SNK USA a ring.. asked some questions and this is what i found out..

1. No more MVS is planned for right now..
2. The atomiswave is the new system
3. The new games that are in the works for the atomiswave are KOF 04, New SS, Metal slug 6,...and a new SVC!!!!!! That is what i was told that was one of the titles going to Atomiswave..
4. And the 1st game that will come out will be KOF 2004...at it will be out in May!!! guess they have been working on this all along..thats very soon...

Don't bash... don't question... this is all 100% i asked SNK myself..

I can't wait to see what will happen soon..:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Very interesting. I will just sit back , buy more AES games and see what unfolds.

GAMEFAN

thus it has been predicted and thus it has been told. i'll miss the MVS and have high hopes of seeing a few more games released this year. :crying:

T

TheDjinn

Maybe SNKP will make for both systems. Like geekabilly said, no more MVS is planned for right now. We'll just have to wait and see.

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
Quick Q...how much more is the atomiswave hardware compaired to the MVS format???

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
hmm..interesting how about they release something really original. New system so why not a brand new game.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
No woman has ever made me cry like this ..... :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:.

Oh well, maybe I can buy a few NGH carts I've had my eye on without fear of 4 new ones being released in the next few months - causing me to sell myself to fat older women.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I have a feeling the move to the Atomiswave will be the
final nail in the coffin.

geekabilly said:
Well i had to find out for myself about all this new system stuff..so i gave SNK USA a ring.. asked some questions and this is what i found out..

3. The new games that are in the works for the atomiswave are KOF 04, New SS, Metal slug 6,...and a new SVC!!!!!! That is what i was told that was one of the titles going to Atomiswave..
4. And the 1st game that will come out will be KOF 2004...at it will be out in May!!! guess they have been working on this all along..thats very soon...

I can't wait to see what will happen soon..:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
What happened to MOTW 2 on MVS?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Haha, Ben Herman asked me to not spill the beans........Obviously he didn't make the same request of yourself. He made mention of the lack of MVS support, but he also mentioned that he wouldn't leave AES owners out in the cold.....Well, whatever that means. Anyway, I believe it was confirmed that SNK *IS* indeed developing the atomiswave games, not sammy themselves (*whew!*)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Keeping in mind that at the loke test in December, SKN USA said the rumor of Sammy/Playmore was 100% false, not to mention they hinted KOF '03 might not make it to AES. Then there was their whole advertizing Eiji as being in the PS2 KOF port. If I hear one thing from SNK USA and the opposite from Trieu, I hate to say it, but...

On the other hand, if the MOTW2 that's supposed to be finished doesn't materialize, I guess they'll both be equally unreliable for news (unless it's revealed to have been rejected by Sammy or something).

Voz

n00b
As much as I would love it a KOF in high rez, right now considering that they were very busy this year ( SVC, KOF, MS and SS in such a short period of time ) I can't seem to believe that they were already working on the atomiswave version, so right now my bet is:
1) they will release an non story KOF version ( like a dream match, likewise 98 ) with almost all the characters from KOF with older sprites or even the 2004 but with older sprites too
2) Sammy is the one making the 2004. SNK may be helping them but Sammy is the one behind it the development
3) The worst of all: they are resizing it the older sprites and will use some 2D effects and anti-aliasing for the atomiswave version.
Please don't :very_ang:

It's a short period of time guys, that's nooo way they could be making all the new hi rez sprites while making the games released this past year.

Last edited:

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Umm....so about the no more mvs thing...does that mean we won't see SVC on MVS. Or does that apply only to new games?:spock:

mosaic

n00b
From my own past experience, I would advise against phoning up SNK NeoGeo USA for confirmation of up-to-the-minute breaking news... You absolutely have to contact SNK Playmore in Japan in order to get the factual details. SNK Playmore can take weeks just to fill in their US execs of what's going on within the company... no joke. The folks in the US branches are devoted and wonderful people, but Japan keeps them out of the loop like the loop is special and made of dilithium.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
So the US folks are not legends?

mosaic said:
From my own past experience, I would advise against phoning up SNK NeoGeo USA for confirmation of up-to-the-minute breaking news... You absolutely have to contact SNK Playmore in Japan in order to get the factual details. SNK Playmore can take weeks just to fill in their US execs of what's going on within the company... no joke. The folks in the US branches are devoted and wonderful people, but Japan keeps them out of the loop like the loop is special and made of dilithium.

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Well in my talks with them they asked how i found out info on the system change..I said online and message boards... They then asked when did you find this out... I said about 48 hr. ago, they then said that makes sence...About 48 hr. ago SNK spilled the beans at the Game show in Japan.. So im my eyes this is the real deal.. But we still have to wait and see what SNK will post next week on the site..and if KOF 2004 shows its head in May*...:D

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
geekabilly said:

I can't wait to see what will happen

FIRST OFF.....

Key Word folks, right now...
And I guess thats it.