Famitsu: Aou Report End Of Neogeo

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2004/02/20/103,1077247911,21643,0,0.html

ƒlƒIƒWƒI‚ª’z‚«￾ã‚°‚½13”NŠÔ‚Ì—ðŽj‚Í￾A￾¡￾t‰Ò“®—\’è‚Ì￾wƒTƒ€ƒ‰ƒCƒXƒsƒŠƒbƒc—ë SPECIAL￾x‚Å–‹‚ð•Â‚¶‚é￾B‚µ‚©‚µ‚»‚̈â“`Žq‚̓Aƒgƒ~ƒXƒEƒFƒCƒu‚Ɏ󂯌p‚ª‚ê￾A‚³‚ç‚È‚é￾i‰»‚ð￾‹‚°‚邱‚Æ‚É‚È‚è‚»‚¤‚¾￾B

After 13years of history, the curtain will be drawn on neogeo with the next spring planned release of samourai spirits zero special. However its "genes" will be transmitted to Atomiswave, making it more like an evolution (than a death).

sorry for the news bump... but this is japanese SURE source

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
damn, so the actual end is around the corner.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
the atomiswave is going to be make or break time for SNK.

either it catches on and becomes wildly popular, or SNK and Sammy throw alot of money at nothing.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
They better not kill it off without releasing LB3 and MOTW 2 since the code exists. then there is also that untitled (original) fighting game and the dance rythm game that have yet to be released.

I honestly think that they should do a special game to close out the neo. I mean shit, the system and it's fans are the ones responsible for keeping that companty alive all these years.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
I doubt they would do any special last game for the neo geo. I'm sure they already have most of their best programmers already learning the ins and outs of the atomiswave. Lets just hope they make something really special for their first batch of atomis wave games.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Does this mean we will see shawn start selling atomiswave boards anytime soon?

Curt

apostate
that sounds like the most definative proof yet

a few days ago when this all started being said I was skeptical, but as of now I pretty much regard this as fact

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Guess im gonna need to look for a new cabinet for the atomswave. Ugh... :rolleyes:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
I was personally wishing for King of Fighters 2004 to be the last Neo-Geo game.

Now it is completely official, what will happen with this forums and the Neo Store?

phyrexiadamned

Mr. Big's Thug
round about how much would it cost me to by a full atomswave set allready assembled ( i know this is expensive but im thinking i might just do it)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Since this bbs is called neo-geo.com, not atomiswave.com, I don't see any reason to change anything whatsoever.

If Shawn starts selling Atomiswave stuff, well, more power to him, but as far as I am concerned, I don't intend to go that route - I already have a Dreamcast, thank you.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Takumaji said:
If Shawn starts selling Atomiswave stuff, well, more power to him, but as far as I am concerned, I don't intend to go that route - I already have a Dreamcast, thank you.

You can play Atomiswave ROM carts on your Dreamcast? Amazing.

dbarrett0928

Banned
Someone Help?

What is the atomiswave, i see many post about it but what type of system is it? Is it handheld or cponsole or what and i also heard something abaout dreamcast and being compatable. Please help me out.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Re: Someone Help?

dbarrett0928 said:
What is the atomiswave, i see many post about it but what type of system is it? Is it handheld or cponsole or what and i also heard something abaout dreamcast and being compatable. Please help me out.

Atomiswave is arcade hardware developed by Sammy, it is basically a Dreamcast system with some modifications, for example, it runs games from ROM carts.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
They better not kill it off without releasing LB3 and MOTW 2 since the code exists. then there is also that untitled (original) fighting game and the dance rythm game that have yet to be released.

I honestly think that they should do a special game to close out the neo. I mean shit, the system and it's fans are the ones responsible for keeping that companty alive all these years.

The special game would be Sam Sho Special as it was the game that made everyone take notice of the system.

The Dance Rythm game should still make it out, as it was being made by ADK and don't forget Eolith was working on some fighting game to be released by Taito (I think, don't quote me, the news is somewhere)

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Mushiki said:
You can play Atomiswave ROM carts on your Dreamcast? Amazing.

IF IT WAS ONLY TRUE!

god i wish for DC ports of these games (including 2k3!)..
DC lives on!...

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
the roker said:
...and don't forget Eolith was working on some fighting game to be released by Taito (I think, don't quote me, the news is somewhere)

DARK AWAKE.

It is (was?) supposed to be a fantasy based fighting game with elves and wizards etc. The rumours I heard about it sounded pretty interesting, but I haven't been able to find any screenshots or any confirming info...

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
DARK AWAKE.

It is (was?) supposed to be a fantasy based fighting game with elves and wizards etc. The rumours I heard about it sounded pretty interesting, but I haven't been able to find any screenshots or any confirming info...

Its been renamed to Chaos Breaker, and it does NOT run on the Neo-Geo. It uses Taito's proprietary hardware.

NEOFREAK9189

Sakura's Bank Manager
20 Year Member
Does this mean snk and sammy they start to make games for dreamcast :buttrock:

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
Another great bastion of my childhood is destroyed, ah well, at least there's hope for my other favourite dead console, teh DREAMCAST! Still sucky news though. (I wonder if there'll be a drop in price for aes carts?)

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
GENOCIDE CUTTER '94 said:
Another great bastion of my childhood is destroyed, ah well, at least there's hope for my other favourite dead console, teh DREAMCAST! Still sucky news though. (I wonder if there'll be a drop in price for aes carts?)

People not saving up for the next AES release = People saving up for old AES releases........

In other words, it definitely seems more likely that prices will be more on an incline than a decline through out the next year or so.