the last neo geo game

ni-ten

War Room Troll
German website gamefront.de claims that "Samurai Spirits zero special" is going to be the LAST neo geo game.
Acording to this site Sammy and Snk Playmore have
anounced this today on AOU...

Last edited:

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
I hope that isn't true...
...but if it was to be true, I wish they left the Neo with a completely original game rather than with another remix...

[OCEAN]

ni-ten

War Room Troll
I'd love to see Last Blade 3 and Garou 2 this year,
but it seems like this is not going to happen anymore...
but on the other hand we all knew that this day was going to come.

Curt

apostate
I say the last game should be

Super duper ultra mega fantastic ura master special dodgeball X 2004

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm cool w/ SS0 Special. Hope it is the last AES game.

Freelancer

Banned
In another post, ResOGlas mentioned that Ben Herman told him that "AES owners will not be left out in the cold"....I'm kind of intrigued about this cryptic statement. Anyone want to venture a guess as to what he meant?

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Even with the dubious nature of this info, it makes me hope that when the time does come for the final NEO game to take a bow, they honor the rich history this system has and makes that game of a calibre that gives a proper farewell.
:crying:

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Freelancer said:
In another post, ResOGlas mentioned that Ben Herman told him that "AES owners will not be left out in the cold"....I'm kind of intrigued about this cryptic statement. Anyone want to venture a guess as to what he meant?

Probably the same thing he meant when said KOF 2000/2001 wasn't censored for the U.S. PS2 release. :P

Lee

dbarrett0928

Banned
if its true

If the rumors are true buy all the carts you want now because the prices will skyrocket on all games!

ni-ten

War Room Troll
From EGM website: http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1532086,00.asp

>"Unless SNK has more Neo titles left to announce, Samurai Spirits Zero Special will be its last game on the platform when it hits Japanese arcades later in the spring."

>"Surviving almost 15 years of active development, the Neo takes the title of longest-lived platform in videogame history by a comfortable margin."

>"Hirata also noted that SNK is considering moving other key series to the Atomiswave platform, depending on the success of its first three efforts."

Does this mean if no one gets too excited about atomiswave games snk returns to do neo geo games???

Radiantgun

Zero's Secretary
Can we have a new Atomiswave console please SNK so we can keep playing for another 15 years!!:)

Heres hoping............:lol:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Well what's going on with the mystery Neo game that was scheduled for a release this summer? I was told from a confidential source that is was going to "blow our socks off". Well, i'm growing weary of my socks.....hopefully SNK can take care of this problem.

Neo-weirdo

Mr. Big's Thug
I still can't believe SNK Playmore is just droping their die hard fans like this. What a stab in the back for people who have bought all their games over the years.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
It's time to face reality dude. There's no way they could keep on making games for a 15 year old format. I don't care how devoted or hardcore the fanbase is.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Freelancer said:

I'd have to guess that it just means that he's full of crap. I could be wrong here, but it looks as if Sam Sho 0/5 special will be the last MVS title. I'm hopeful that they'll bring it to AES, but I wouldn't bet money on it at this point.

I could understand why he may not want to, but I wonder if/when the Shawnmeister might weigh in to clear up a little of confusion floating around lately.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Kristian Meller said:
It's time to face reality dude. There's no way they could keep on making games for a 15 year old format. I don't care how devoted or hardcore the fanbase is.

Uhh, where have you been?? The system should have died 11 years ago. The only reason they lasted all these years is because of the devoted fanbase. Without us, they will fail.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Neo-weirdo said:
I still can't believe SNK Playmore is just droping their die hard fans like this. What a stab in the back for people who have bought all their games over the years.

I can believe it. It's what happens to all companies and/or Regime kickstarted by people with good ideas. *Look at the USA for example. We were the "Rebels of England" who had a revolution and with a bit of help in the later part from France, kicked the Brits asses and formed our own nation. We came up with a unique guideline in which to live by, a "Democracy"... and in 2K4 it's mostly out the window, anything that was on the origninal Constitution that the forefathers (as backwards as people make them out to be) foresight due to knowledge of what it had been like before... well today's generation pisses it away.

...Same thing for SNKP. All they did was follow the tactics of the past. KONAMI does this shit all the time, great companies who forget that it was us 25-31 year olds who strong armed our parents during the NINTENDO Generation, or worked jobs pumping gas, or delievering new papers that kept them in their high and mighty positions. BUT when it's all said and done, even if a company knows they have an "assured niche sell" they'll still just go for the bigger project and run. For fuck's sake even George Lucas has bastardized/raped his own STAR WARS movies and decided for the fans, (who keep telling him that they liked stuff the way it was) what they want. Steven Speilberg took out hand guns in a scene with the police chasing the kids with E.T. and relpaced them with Walkie Talkies! *Yeah, as a kid I could take seeing the cops with guns, but todays kids shouldn't be subject to it?

...so SNKP doesn't give two shits about it's die-hard customer base. The only way I'd believe that is if maybe they'd be more open to selling some of us DEV Kits at a reasonable price. I emailed them more than a few times about it back in 2002, and only got one response in broken English. Something to the effect that they didn't deal with non-licensed Development companies? If it's money they want, who gives a fuck who's wanting to buy something in which to make games on? Just take the green and run. Probably could not have afforded it, but that wasn't the point then, and that's not the point now. But there's that DEV Kit that BarfHappy is working that Vampire Killer game on, so maybe us DIE-HARDS will be able to get some nice playing/looking NEO games onto "Limited" MVS/AES runs in the future. ***Sure the nature of business is to make money, but people need to remember their roots. So don't be surprised because no one ever does. I love the old SNK and even enjoy SNKPs stuff, own a NEO:GEO 2-Slot, and will continue to be in the hobby buying games, but I tell it like it is on this subject, they're a bunch of rat bastid scum bag mother fuckers who sold out literally to SAMMY. Just like SEGA and eventually it's going to be "Material Boys & Girls living in a SONY dominated world". :mad:

MERCENARY X99

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
Aka, godbless the Atomiswave...

wait, fuck this means no more ROMS! NoOOOooOOoo!

CJayC

n00b
What would be nice is if they made a home Atomiswave system that also has backwards compatibility with the Neo Geo.