SNK developing games for Atomiswave

rockhoward

Crossed Swords Squire
I've been lurking on the forum for quite awhile and i just found this out in some korean online gaming magazine thing that's been pretty accurate with they news... so here goes the translation:

Sammy and SNK Playmore made an important contract today. Because of this contract, SNK Playmore will be creating their new arcade games on Sammy's Atomiswave platform and three games are currently planned for it: "The King of Fighters 2004" "Samurai Spirits AW(might be changed later)" and "Metal Slug 6."
In addition, SNK Playmore is currently developing the game called "KOF" for PS2 that has been announced last year, and it is also known as "The King of Fighters Neowave"

This is interesting. I hope those are true.... (SNKP developing games part) this website never put up some bs rumor before i'll believe those for now...

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81989 ;)

That's three different sources with the same news now; I don't think it's a rumor this time.

Neo Geo games have been in dire need of a visual upgrade (and the music quality hasn't been that great since the late 90s, let's face it), and now they're finally going to be getting awesome visuals to go along with the great game play.

This will also be good for stopping bootleggers...until they start cracking the Atomiswave, that is. :P

Lee

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Wow, the same stuff that's been posted for months now...hurry, act surprised, don't ruin it for SNKP.

Curt

apostate
Damnit, I just buy an AES and now theres no more new games?

that's bull

Just Bull

Ahh well.. perhaps must pony up for an atomiswave, yeah?

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
No!!! its not bull. It maybe a decent idear, we may get 1 or 2 decent games a year or even better 1 game every 2 years but the game will be much better quality like garou & last blade.

Just because they maybe axing most of the neogames might mean they'll release new & better titles far & few between. If they continue with the tricks of rushed jobs like what they're doing now, then i welcome the news if i'm correct that is.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
CurtWRX said:

that's bull

Just Bull

I'll tell you one thing right now, if I was to buy a home system today, it certainly wouldn't be for the new releases. Let's face it, you get it for the large catalog of awesome oldschool SNK games. Your purchase is justified, don't fret.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Sammy's booth at AOU2004 -

sammy01.jpg

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I'm now fapping furiously after seeing the SNKP logo at that sammy booth.

SSS

neo retired
"Samurai Spirits AW promises some interesting changes, although the company wouldn't delve into specifics." :help:

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
it was translated here. These threads are getting hard to keep track of! LOL.

Mushiki said:
That picture says -

"The King of Fighters 2004"

"Samurai Spirits AW" (!?)

"Metal Slug 6"

Interesting, and a little "saddening".

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,

Don't worry Curt, you made a great choice...The Neo Geo is all about old school gaming goodness with a software library of some of the all-time greats.

The end of new releases, won't change the fact that you bought yourself access to games such as: Samurai Shodown 1-2, Puzzle Bobble, Magical Drop, Nam75, Sengoku, King of the Monsters, Viewpoint, Metal Slug, Last Blade 1-2, Magician Lord...

The above are the aes/mvs games I have left and plan to keep forever. None are particularly expensive, rare or new. They just kick ass and are fun to play. There are other games out there as well. More than plenty to keep ya busy if SNKP stops supporting the Neo Geo hardware.

Droid