KOF 2004, Metal Slug 6, Samurai Spirits 6?!?!?

tbogard99

New Challenger
From Magic Box

- Sammy and SNK Playmore announced a collaboration to produce a series of new arcade games for the Atomiswave system. SNK Playmore will develop The King of Fighters 2004, Samurai Spirits AW (tentative name) and Metal Slug 6 on Atomiswave.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well if the same people that worked on Slug 5 don't go to Sammy to work on Slug 6 it will be starting over from square one like Slug 4, but if Slug 6 does come out I'll be picking up one of these pretty cabs in the near future.

Atomiswave-Components-White.jpg

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
but if Slug 6 does come out I'll be picking up one of these pretty cabs in the near future.

Atomiswave-Components-White.jpg

Yeah, if youve got a few grand extra lying around.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
Yeah, if youve got a few grand extra lying around.

I saw an Atomiswave cab at the last auction in the area with the shooting panel only got for 1200, and that's with their newest Sport Shooting USA kit. No doubt it'll be more than an MVS cab, but I didn't think it'd be that bad.

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Me thinks that as soon as these title are confirmed for atomiswave, the price of these cabs will rocket up up up.......and away..:(

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
WOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

I am verry excited about this .... why ?

because of Metal Slug !

I love Dolphin Blue, but it lacks a bit in the 2D animation sometimes. A Metal Slug with the immersion power of Dolphin Blue will be fantastic !

remember, if these Cabs are popular because of these games there will be more of them flying around in the aftermarket a few years down the line :-) that can ONLY be good news for us game freaks!

Fatalforce

n00b
i wouldnt count on a total remake. Most likely they'll keep at least 60% of the old work if they could and through in some wacky effects. for them to start ova with these titles, would take them a while...resulting in a loss. But hey, if they have the resource to make it in time, then by all means. i welcome them with my money.

Curt

apostate
Damnit, looks like I'll have to get into atomiswave now...

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
I'll wait and hope for the NeoNeoGeo home console that should
be an Atomiswave board transformed into a home system
like the old Neo was.

I pray for this, because cartridges are the only
way to play arcade games right.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Yeah, they better make an AW equivalent of the AES!

If they could keep the games at or under $150 it would be extremely nice...

Ill6

Marked Wolf
Don't know if this was mentioned anywhere but Feb 19ths Edge (UK edition) says:

The Rumble Fish
Publisher: Sammy
Developer: Dimps

Reminants of the old SNK team are at work on an Atomiswave fighter, featuring 2D 'multijoined sprites' against a background of 3d environments and spectacular lighting effects.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Hopefully, the teh portz will be available for the xbox or ps2 when those games appear on that arcade platform...

This is good news... in a way. I fear the death of AES however.

Jeeze would they go so far as to release the new stuff on Atomiswave, then put teh portz on the AES? Oh the horror!

In any way, heres to hoping that Atomiswave an be bought in a console format sometime.

Ill6

Marked Wolf
I know its not going to happen BUT...

The Dreamcast is being re-issued in Japan.
Atomiswave is really a Dreamcast (unlike NAOMI which is a Dreamcast on steroids).
Recently games are creeping onto the Dreamcast as straight arcade conversions (mainly Naomi games though).

SO... I hope they will come to Dreamcast 1st.

That said SNK says they will support XBOX and PS2 so some are sure to show up on these platforms.

I have all these systems anyway so I don't care where they come from as long as we get them.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Atomiswave is really a Dreamcast (unlike NAOMI which is a Dreamcast on steroids).

Well, then that would make the Atomiswave a NAOMI on steroids, because it has more memory and whatnot then both of them.

Ill6

Marked Wolf
I dunno to be honest, certainly no expert but I remember reading that the Naomi was the most powerful and that atomiswave was identical to dreamcast...

ho hum!

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
NAOMI is more powerful than the Dreamcast, while Atomiswave is practically standard Dreamcast hardware.

And here you have interesting pictures from the Sammy booth at AOU2004 -

sammy01.jpg

sammy02.jpg

That picture says -

"The King of Fighters 2004"

"Samurai Spirits AW" (!?)

"Metal Slug 6"

Interesting, and a little "saddening".