Feb 21st NJ Coin op auction! MODS PLEASE STICKY THIS!

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
There's a coin op auction on Sat, Feb 21st at the Cherry Hill Armory in NJ. Opens at 8, bring your own cords.

Lots of CPS machines and neos are usually there, along with the usual lot of slots, pins and assorted goodies.

If you need directions or info, drop me a line here or on my email account.

Quick Tips for buying machines:

Know who the owner is to avoid shill bidding... also look who they lurk around, they shill bid -- A LOT.

bring cords to power up your machines.

Don't get attached to a machine and wear it on your sleeve, the ops will read it and RAPE you for it.

Open up you machines and examine the wiring. Is it converted? Check the solder points and power supply. Look for scorching and sloppy wiring.

If you're going for MVS carts, WATCH OUT FOR BOOTS. You can examine the lots before the auction.

Brink CASH.. and remember the buyer's fees.

Keep an eye out for oddities, these things are notorious for weird/wild stuff showing up.

Bring your license to get a bidding number.

Know what games are JAMMA and which are proprietary if you're looking for a conversion cab.

Keep an open mind for projects.. most can be picked up for under $50.

There are MANY GOOD DEALS that go by at these things. Hell, A DDR machine went for $100 last time.

I may be there, if anyone wants to meet up.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
These can be an oportunity to get cabs for stupid cheap, especially if you can settle for a 19" machine. We're talkin' $200 or less sometimes, including MoBo's.

Anyway, those of you that have been thinking about making the cab plunge and are in the area, go check this out and make me jealous.

Tacitus

Staff member
Here's a FREE TIP that will pay you dividends.

If you're going for an MVS cab, there's a stocky asian guy that shows up at EVERY NJ auction and buys up the MVS cabs. He has the MONEY and the NUTS to drive you up high. If he's bidding on your machine.. WALK AWAY you will not win or will pay WAY TOO much for what you want.

Keep that one under your hat though. ;)

Also, watch out for a guy who's got gray hair and more chest hair thana gorilla. It's Bob Borden, a greaseball operator who is a NOTORIOUS shill and he unloads CRAP at these auctions. He also wears a HUGE gold pinball medallion around his neck. Find out his number and AVOID him unless you know what you are bidding on or think you can take the risk. He *will* fuck you in more ways than one.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
VanillaThunder said:
Here's a FREE TIP that will pay you dividends.

If you're going for an MVS cab, there's a stocky asian guy that shows up at EVERY NJ auction and buys up the MVS cabs. He has the MONEY and the NUTS to drive you up high. If he's bidding on your machine.. WALK AWAY you will not win or will pay WAY TOO much for what you want.

Keep that one under your hat though. ;)

Also, watch out for a guy who's got gray hair and more chest hair thana gorilla. It's Bob Borden, a greaseball operator who is a NOTORIOUS shill and he unloads CRAP at these auctions. He also wears a HUGE gold pinball medallion around his neck. Find out his number and AVOID him unless you know what you are bidding on or think you can take the risk. He *will* fuck you in more ways than one.

That's some great info VanillaThunder/damn I forgot about this auction..

(((If you're going for an MVS cab, there's a stocky asian guy that shows up at EVERY NJ auction and buys up the MVS cabs.))
(stocky asian guy )
Ahhhh..I think I've seen this guy at the last auction I went to..
I was checking the insides of a Six slot I was looking into buying and he was checking it out too and the other Neo Geo machines.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Hey, what would happen if you started yelling out "Shill, bidder, shill bidder!"

I'm serious. Is shill bidding like that allowed/encouraged?

Tacitus

Staff member
RyoGeo said:
Hey, what would happen if you started yelling out "Shill, bidder, shill bidder!"

I'm serious. Is shill bidding like that allowed/encouraged?

Yup.. perectly acceptable...

:very_ang:

even the auctioneers bid!

ST-V

DAMN! Bad timing, I'm gonna be in Vegas on the 21st... Shit, would of been a great time to meet up with other n-g members and picked up some goods... :(

ROFL, this guy sounds like the man!

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
I'm going to this auction, not really to buy though, unless some rare gem shows up that no one wants.....

SuperAuctions has always been a much more quality operation than USAA, but this is the first time I've been able to hit one of their NJ auctions in a while.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Damn sounds rough up in NJ, gotta come to the south everyone's nicer ;)

The auction here where I got my cab, I watched every cab sell and picked up my 4 slot. Not once did an auctioneer or anyone with the auction service bid, also I found out by asking people that tended to hang around a few cabs which people owned them and never noticed a shill bid.

Anyway Mouse_Master if I made a thread for the next Knoxville Auction on March 6th would you sticky it? There aren't too many people around here, Giga Power, whiterice, me, then shir0 is way over in Memphis but there are a lot of Western North Carolinians maybe they want to come.