PS2: SVC Chaos, SS:zero ???

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
does anyone know if these games are coming out in the US (PS2 ntsc version in english that is), cos im considering importing the japanese versions if they are not.

Q

qube

It doesn't look good man. SCEA are a bunch of pricks and probably won't release the games here. Go ahead and import 'em, that's what I do. I have MS3 and SvC for JPN PS2. You can wait for the US X-Box version of SvC though, it will have Live support :cool:

Q-

mosaic

n00b
From what I've been told, Metal Slug 3 and SVC Chaos will not be released in North America on the PS2. Samurai Shodown 5 is still up in the air.

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
cafu1982 said:
does anyone know if these games are coming out in the US (PS2 ntsc version in english that is), cos im considering importing the japanese versions if they are not.

Dont sit and waste your time waiting - they wont be coming here thanks to the SCEA. GO immediately and Mod your system, and pick up the Imports, you are way better off- like Qube posted.

I too bought the Import versions Of Metal Slug3 and SVC chaos- (actually its on pause while im writing this post-) NEver looked back-
since the OLD Sega Saturn days Ive been buying Imports- its the only way to go with games nowadays that wont even see the light of Day in the US- plus the fact that the "few" titles that do make it over here- youd have the game months before its U.S release . :smirk:

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
Go ahead and get the imports for the PS2 but if you have an Xbox wait and get them both for the Xbox because of the live support and hopefully they'll support custom soundtrack.

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
I will have to say it is absolutely insane that a mainstream title like SVC is not getting a PS2 release in the US.

:oh_no:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Anyone else think if they put a polygon in the game, like the openGL demo that they'd get it approved? ;)

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
evo7_31 said:
I will have to say it is absolutely insane that a mainstream title like SVC is not getting a PS2 release in the US.

That's the problem dude, it's NOT mainstream.

I have import versions of both MS3 and SvC. Couldn't be happier, and as they're better than the originals they're quite a good deal at about $60 ;)

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I'm sticking with the X-box versions. Mostly because I don't have my own PS2. :)

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
evo7_31 said:

As Meller said it isnt mainstream.. its unfortunate but ALOT of people who I talk with and play Video games, most are new to the genre-" KING of Fight-???what? nah never heard of it!!"........errr...ummmmm all I play is HALO for X-box.....:rolleyes: Then I ask what fighting games have they played- and they say StreetFighter-refering to the beginning of that series in 1992.Kof then was also hard to find and was often Overlooked by many-

Now with the graphics and details getting better for games of different Genres and people ohhing and ahhing over 3D glitter, 2d games such as KOF has never changed enough for those who look for Graphics out there- and look upon it as very "Old School"- while Us in this forum Embrace it- (its a shame i know but its a reality check) the overall Majority wouldnt even bother looking at "Pixelated, outdated 2d graphics", thus making our community a very small minority.........:spock:

blackadde

n00b
I still can't believe people are complaining about SCEA. They made a business decision, and likely the right one from a financial standpoint. I love MS3 as much as the next guy, but these decisions aren't meant to be made by the heart.

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
blackadde said:
I still can't believe people are complaining about SCEA. They made a business decision, and likely the right one from a financial standpoint.

Well here it is in a nutshell- simply put. as said It comes down to making money.Eg: bringing over 8,000 copies of SVC, and wind up only selling 350 of them....Failure..... who'd thought that these charts would be so low??? and as the Chairman of the Sales and Marketing Group, your decision is rather easy-

- Theyve drawn a pie chart of all the fighting games for the major Active systems- and with Soul Caliber2 and most other 3-D Glitter, sparkle,eye candy fighting games taking the load of sales, with the small thin slice of pie left over for 2D brawlers........

SNKplaymore and ALL the games from them that are made including KOF- not even getting its own slice oh no, ------------------------------------but placed under the - "OTHER" - category. :spock:

:multi_co: well I have read the www.videogames.com they mite come out with ssv and metal slug 5 I think it would be good for the xbox and ps2.. I like Ps2 better than xbox. can't wait for the import. :buttrock: :drool_2: :eek: it may come out in JP may be not for US will see :glee: