Can I use this for an AES Bios Socket?

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
that should work, but the low profile part could mean that the pins are too short to reach.. not sure, tho.

gunrock46

Dodgeball Yakuza
How come you don't just desolder the old one and solder in the new one? How often are these things revised? Seems like more work than it needs to be.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
gunrock46 said:
How come you don't just desolder the old one and solder in the new one? How often are these things revised? Seems like more work than it needs to be.

The next Universe Bios will support the AES. Since i've been a member here, Razoola has revised the the UniBios once or twice. Its definitely worth it to get a socket on the AES, especially when the latest unibios revision comes out.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I definitely need one of those...I could just solder my original bios in but it's all about options with the socket.
I got an MV-1B on the way too..so I could use about three if that is the correct one.
-BB

Last edited:

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
replacing the old bios chip should only be attempted with VERY good desoldering equipment and lots of experience.

I've modded anything from psx, over ps2, xbox, GC, and neogeo, installed unibios in 1B mvs systems etc.. but I still will not remove the original bios, cause the risk of breaking traces and vias is just too damn high.