Regarding KOF '97

Neo Gunloc

Rugal's Thug
OK guys, I need some advice on this.
I own KOF '97 on PlayStation.

I know that the PS1 version is hacked in animation, but do you think I should trade it in and get the AES version ?
Or is it better to keep the PS1 version and save my money for another KOF game on AES ?

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
KoF '97 is one of my two #1 KoFs, tied with 2000. Now, I haven't played KoF 2003 yet but I would definitly get it on AES rather than on PSX.

Then again, I like AoF2 over SamSho2, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

-AG

D

Devils Child

I would definately hang on to the PSX version, it is not gonna garner you much cash anyway, but when you get a chance, pick it up for the AES most definately.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Save your PSX copy because you won't get that much anyway. Also, you can listen to the tracks on that disc in a CD player too, can't you? I think you could do that with the Saturn version.

Q

qube

Adam Gallant said:
KoF '97 is one of my two #1 KoFs, tied with 2000. Now, I haven't played KoF 2003 yet but I would definitly get it on AES rather than on PSX.

Then again, I like AoF2 over SamSho2, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

-AG

Man do we have different tastes! My 2 least favorite KOFs are '97 and 2k lol! I bet you don't like '95 or 2k2 or 2k1 then huh? Those are my favs :)

I also think that SS2 is probably the very best fighter ever made, while I think AOF is total shit :tickled:

I'm not trying to put down your tastes, I just thought it was funny how totally oposite our tastes are ;)

Q-

gemen

Mickey's Coach
You should get AES '97, it's one of my top KOFs. The coolest boss team and its music are awsome.

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Neo Gunloc said:
OK guys, I need some advice on this.
I own KOF '97 on PlayStation.

I know that the PS1 version is hacked in animation, but do you think I should trade it in and get the AES version ?
Or is it better to keep the PS1 version and save my money for another KOF game on AES ?

Gunloc Bro, hang on to that Kof97- trade it in and youd just get-....er .....um...5 bucks????...no wait....50cents......er....pennies? hands down not even worth it- Save up and pick up a KOF97 for your AES Sytem.-The real Deal- lots of sales on Ebay- you just gotta be patient, you would know when the time is right.:cool:

Neo Gunloc

Rugal's Thug
OK guys, sorry for the late reply, but we live in different time zones LOL.
Sadly, you can't listen to the PS1 '97 music in an audio player.
(But you can listen to them in the game's sound test mode.)

Here in The Netherlands, IMported Japanese PS1 games are rare, so I may get a few bucks for it.
But I've been thinking, maybe it's best that I'll hold on to it, get an AES with a few other games, and get AES '97 later.

Thanx guys, I appreciate it.

:cool:

gemen

Mickey's Coach
qube said:
What chu talkin bout gemen? :spock:

Q-

hehe... I luv boss team music and final boss music;) .

'97 needs more love!

Last edited:

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
The KOF97 ports are missing a lot of the animation and extras that come with the homecart.

Do Goro's (f, d, df + A)

In the homecart, when he slams he ground your team members; the opposing team members, and cameramen, people in the background etc. jump up in the air.

Doesn't happen in the ports.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Definitely get KOF97 on homecart, it won't cost you an arm and a leg plus its one of the better KOFs. Definitely worthing owning an AES version.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Do whatever humanly possible to obtain this game on homecart. It's the best overall game and certainly the greatest for play mechanics and combo madness. I realize you own a version of it but nothing compares to this game in its full cartridge glory.

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
qube said:
Man do we have different tastes! My 2 least favorite KOFs are '97 and 2k lol! I bet you don't like '95 or 2k2 or 2k1 then huh? Those are my favs :)

I also think that SS2 is probably the very best fighter ever made, while I think AOF is total shit :tickled:

I'm not trying to put down your tastes, I just thought it was funny how totally oposite our tastes are ;)

Q-

No offense taken :)

2k2 isn't bad, my main beef with it is the lack of King, my favorite character. I can't stand '95, 2k1 is just sorta meh with me.

I can't stand SS2, really. At all. AoF2 forever :)

-AG

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I really enjoyed 97 when I had it. In my opinion:

1. KOF 98
2. KOF 2k1
3. KOF 97
4. KOF 95

my favs of the series

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
If anything you should own '97 because it has a 'real' tournament atmosphere. Orochi is another such reason.

Kinda like owning rb2 for Rick if you will...

The homecart is quite nice to have.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Magnaflux said:
If anything you should own '97 because it has a 'real' tournament atmosphere.

In the Saturn version it shows the country, the name of the stage, and the number of people in attendance. For example:

Japan

Koushien Stadium

Is this in the homecart too?

Stokers

Geese's Thug
Far as i can recall 97 was great but isnt this the one with some no music on some of the stages?

god that was crap, imho the series was shite after 2k, so..

Kof 98
Kof 2000
Kof 99
Kof 95

Even though i think everyone with an AES should own it, i dont like to play ss2 either. :D