Any pointers on beating Jphann in ROTD?

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I'm having a bitch of a time beating him. Can anyone give me some advice? I usually use Jimmy/Billy, Jimmy/Sonia or Billy/whatsherface.

Mike

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Wait till he attacks, tag, and combo off the tagging hit.

Also, Cassandra's air DM works wonders, start it up, and Johann will:
a.) counter the first part and get hit by the second;
b.) throw up the "pillar o' doom", but since cassandra's invincible she goes through it and hits him

About all the advice I can give, been too long since I played against Johann.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Damn man I was at the point of doing a "The Fuck Johann thread" but you were first as it seems...:p

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I posted this a while back. Using this method I've been able to get perfects with Lynn many times.
Get a full screen of distance between the two of you. If he isn't a full screen away you'll probably eat a jump kick.
Throw a fireball. He'll usually block the first one. Immediately throw another one and he'll roll under it. Jump in with a kick as he comes out of the roll and then sweep. Hop back and then repeat.
It's easiest to do this with Lynn as her fireball is the fastest but you can do it with anybody that has a projectile.

Some other tips: If Johann has a powerstock don't jump at him when he rolls under the fireball. After he comes out of the roll he'll use his super whether you jumped or not, so don't jump and you won't get hit; just hop back and throw another projectile.
Also, if your using a character who has a super where the character travels across the screen (like Jimmy or Elias) you can do the super and grab Johann out of the roll rather than doing a jumpkick.