Kof 2003 English Insert Cover

Freelancer

Banned
http://www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com/consumer/aes/kof2k3.shtml

kof2003_package.jpg

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Lovely. I personly CANNOT wait until this company sees thier demise. it will be a great day.

Freelancer

Banned
I'm happy with it. The art is fine, it maintains the format of the latest few AES releases and they did include the logo on the spine as promised.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I am not so sure I like it. Is this their final design of the cover?

GAMEFAN

Freelancer

Banned
Gamefan said:
I am not so sure I like it. Is this their final design of the cover?

GAMEFAN

I'm not sure, but I'd say yes it's the final design. It's the first place I've seen the design...

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Well shit!!

Where is the fucking Meg Count? I thought that we got this back and now this game doesn't have it? I am seriously pissed off.:very_ang:

ajsega

Armored Scrum Object
What's wrong with the person that designs these homecart inserts? On Metal Slug 5 they have the name written out in text with the meg count on the spine. On KOF 2003 they have the logo and a screenshot for the spine.

They could at least make one homecart insert look similar to the next one. One of the reasons I buy the English homecart is because of the uniformity of the inserts. Yes I do play these games but I wouldn't mind if it looked good on the shelf while I am not playing it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well I think the quality of that pic isn't helping its case, but where is the meg count...although all the games lately have been 708 megs...maybe they didn't want it to start being repetitive.

ajsega

Armored Scrum Object
KOF 2000 and 2001 do not have the meg count so maybe they want to keep it similar to those by using the screenshot.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ajsega said:
KOF 2000 and 2001 do not have the meg count so maybe they want to keep it similar to those by using the screenshot.

You mean 01 and 02, but you are right.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Freelancer said:
I'm happy with it. The art is fine, it maintains the format of the latest few AES releases and they did include the logo on the spine as promised.

Um......meg count?

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Someone please scan the japanese version in high-res, please. They managed to mess up the lower part of the cover.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:
Someone please scan the japanese version in high-res, please. They managed to mess up the lower part of the cover.

What do you mean, mess up. It's their own design.

Geshwinne DI

Super Sidekicks 2
Marla Maples on a popsicle stick, who gives a FUCK about a meg count?? The latest is that they're making 708 just for the sake of being "uniform" as SS 5 was already 708 and now here comes special. Bullshit!!!!

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Harry Hazard said:
About 99 percent of Euro/US collectors /

Damn straight! Everyone who has been into the Neo Geo for as long as I have (12 years now) gives a shit about the meg count. The new generation may not care but people who got into the Neo Geo when it came out do really care. It is something that is expected. I remember when Alpha took the meg count off their games in the early 1990s and people got really pissed off. After that, the meg counts were back on every game till Playmore took over. We got the meg count back after a lot of work and now this. What the hell is up with this shit? We told Playmore that we wanted the meg count back on the insert so why the hell did they go and take it off again? I think that we need to talk to Shawn about this.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Makismo said:
Damn straight! Everyone who has been into the Neo Geo for as long as I have (12 years now) gives a shit about the meg count. The new generation may not care but people who got into the Neo Geo when it came out do really care. It is something that is expected. I remember when Alpha took the meg count off their games in the early 1990s and people got really pissed off. After that, the meg counts were back on every game till Playmore took over. We got the meg count back after a lot of work and now this. What the hell is up with this shit? We told Playmore that we wanted the meg count back on the insert so why the hell did they go and take it off again? I think that we need to talk to Shawn about this.

Well it won't make a KOF series look all goofy at least.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Makismo said:

Shut the fuck up Makismo. You haven't been into the neo 12 fucking years---you're still a young twat who lets his mom make his decisions for him. Don't make me drag out those fucking embarrassing family-affair posts...

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Makismo said:

So hmmmm.. I've been into it since 1990 - that's 14 years, and I could really give a flying SHIT about meg counts. So I guess my seniority over you gives my opinion extra weight? Unless this only applies to people who've only been into it for 12 years. Then that'd just be pretty weird. Then again, consider the source.

phyrexiadamned

Mr. Big's Thug
is there a larger pic some place that can be viewed that ones to small and i cant see the front artwork to well

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
lithy said:
What do you mean, mess up. It's their own design.

Just look at both covers. The american one has the KOF logo small (pratically the same size as the "NEO-GEO" logo!), and off-center, plus the lower part of the cover is crowded with randomly pasted logos (there´s even some negative space that simply makes no sense).

The japanese one is much cleaner and attractive (not to mention it seems to be done by an actual designer, not just someone that knows how to cut and paste).

Mike

Bead Banger
Man...

It's just one meg count away from being one of my favorite home cart inserts of all time.

Pretty sweet though... to bad about the meg count..

mosaic

n00b
If you come into the chat and scroll up, I pasted a link there.

I'm not pasting the link here yet for ONE good reason. The link in chat is pre-production and will disappear once the fully edited features goes live.