I need some HELP with my MVS board!!! BAD!!!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Okay, so i get this board off ebay...pretty great shape...works...but i notice a dot of solder on one of the JAMMA pins. ??? Turns out its on 2nd player "left". Okay, I jiggle the harness sometimes and can get it to work. Well, its becoming a nuisance, so I desoldered it to see why the HELL someone would do that. It looks like the gold/copper on the pin is worn off??? I dunno?

help.jpg

Any way I can repair this? I REALLY don't want to have to buy a new board.

I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there....SUPERMAN PLEASE SAVE ME!

pixeljunkie

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, you can try and do a thin glob of soldier on the pin, so that it can make a connection, but will sit nicely in the harness :)

-Nick

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
yeah

I'm gonna have to try that....but the copper on the bottom side, is gone all the way up under the green...I'm not exactly sure how to make contact. ???

sooo frustrating...and I didn't even get a great deal on this board.

pixeljunkie

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
idea

anyone know where i can find what pins do what for the neo home controllers? I'm thinking of running a wire from the home controller slot on the board up to the front of the JAMMA harness? It should work? I've tried everything to bridge the gap...but the thing is wasted.

pulling my friggin hair out

pixeljunkie

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
SUCCESS!

I wired it to pin 14 on the bottom part of the board where player 2 [for the neo controllers] is....works perfectly.

sloppy.jpg

thank GOD!

pixeljunkie

Last edited: