MVS game showing garbled graphics! + Odd random error message.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I bought this Samurai Shodown 4 cart almost 2 years ago, and I remember that when playing it, sometimes the graphics were messed up, but if I removed it and cleaned the contacts a bit then it worked fine. However, yesterday I tried to play it and I got the screwy graphics all the time, I cleaned the hell out of it (even the contacts of each ROM) without success. The cart looks 100% original, and no EEPROMS on it.

The problem is that the 1st player character looks bad, with random squares of shit around. All the rest (including the 2nd player) looks OK. I don't have a unibios right now to check the CRCs.

Any idea? Or should I assume the cart is dead?

I also noticed that since some days ago, sometimes when I power on an error message appears on screen (it happened with some different carts, and not with the SS4 I mentioned), but I never have time to read it, something like "MV-2 error" (while I have a MV-1A) and some more text, and then the game starts but maybe with no sound or garbled graphics. However each time it passes, powering off then on the game just works perfect with no error message.

IS my MVS board starting to malfunction? :crying: