XBox Metal Slug 3 in May 2004

Freelancer

Banned
buttasuperb said:
So, live isn't gonna support 2 player co-op?

Oh well, something is better than nothing, I'll most likely pick this port up.

Indeed.
An XBOX Live Leaderboard is a great feature. And that's more than we can say for the Sony PS2 version! :D

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
That is FANTASTIC news. I was pretty unhappy about the PS2 U.S. release fiasco, but if this hits on XBox, all the better . . . :)

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
They are just making the Xbox more of a good idea.

Thought I bought this thing for no reason.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
They are just making the Xbox more of a good idea.

Thought I bought this thing for no reason.

Same here. Xbox has moved from #3 in my book to #2. Yeah #1 for my is still the good old GC.

I wonder if there will any additional extras over the PS2 version.

WindyJay

Quiz Detective
Exact dates for the Xbox ports:

METAL SLUG 3 15th May 2004
SNK VS CAPCOM : SVC CHAOS 15th November 2004

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
WindyJay said:
Exact dates for the Xbox ports:

METAL SLUG 3 15th May 2004
SNK VS CAPCOM : SVC CHAOS 15th November 2004
Definitely good news about Metal Slug 3 for XBOX. However SvC Chaos on XBOX Live, I'm not sure if I will be able to wait that long...

dbarrett0928

Banned
XBOX

This makes me feel like i can finally put my $200 to good use...hopefully xbox can produce 2-d so the game feels as close to neo-geo as possible.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Lagduf said:
Same here. Xbox has moved from #3 in my book to #2. Yeah #1 for my is still the good old GC.

Same feelings here. But I had to buy a stupid PS2 to play R-type final :blow_top:.

Oh yeah, and I'm glad to hear that MS3 is coming to the box - it could use a shot in the arm.

Last edited:

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
Erm... don't mean to sound like a n00b, but what does it mean by "Original missions will also be available as unlockable rewards."?

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
I wouldn't get excited just yet. Suppose the game comes out and the animation is cut all to h-e- double hockey sticks and the Xbox live connectivity is extremely slow.

KOF 2000 and 2001 were extremely poor excuses for Neogeo games.

Once I see definite proof that this port is even close to the originals, then maybe, just maybe I will pick it up.

Otherwise, nada.

Curt

apostate
Yah

Das es gut!

I'll prolly pick this up...

but I will always consider my AES the REal Deal

Curt

apostate
BTW Black Noah
Great Sig I remember when I read that thread... that cracked me up

Big tymer... lol

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JHendrix
I wanted this King figure, but ain't no way I'm working with those rules.

It's a "3 Star" item, meaning you have to be spending around $300 to qualify for something in that slot.

Somehow I think not...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix Down
What...you don't want to be a Big Tymer?

General_Morden

Quiz Detective
Re: XBOX

dbarrett0928 said:
This makes me feel like i can finally put my $200 to good use...hopefully xbox can produce 2-d so the game feels as close to neo-geo as possible.

Im pretty suire it will!

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
2D is not even a factor. The GPU alone can crank out 2D well beyond what any game has used yet. No matter what ranking of 3D an Nvidia or ATI card has, they are powerhouses when it comes to 2D graphics. Thus why cranking out 2D is not even in question when it comes to the Cube or the Xbox. Those cards outpower the Dreamcast's 2D ability by a long stretch. This is due to the high resolution standards of PCs and their reliance of pushing 2D graphics, even for the desktop. Some of the most impressive resolution and animation games (like Melty Blood) were meant to run on GPUs weaker than what the Cube and Xbox have.

X

Y,
winter said:
I wouldn't get excited just yet. Suppose the game comes out and the animation is cut all to h-e- double hockey sticks and the Xbox live connectivity is extremely slow.

KOF 2000 and 2001 were extremely poor excuses for Neogeo games.

Once I see definite proof that this port is even close to the originals, then maybe, just maybe I will pick it up.

Otherwise, nada.

:oh_no:

People already play MS3 on homebrew software what makes you think that the Xbox can not handle it? This is pretty sad.

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
:eek: The Xbox certainly can handle it. That is not the question. The question is whether SNK Playmore will take advantage of it. The PS2 versions of KOF 2000 and 2001 could have been significantly better than they were. Yet, when it came down to final release, they were sub-par at best.

If its the US release they port over, there will be no region switch. That will automatically mean that some animations will be cut. Also, SNK Playmore has never made an online game. They could significantly fail at the task.

There are a lot of factors here that I really don't think any of you are taking into account.

This game could really suck. :spock: