SvC Chaos or KOF 2003?

D

Devils Child

Today is the day. I am buying KOF 2002, and either SvC Chaos or KOF 2003 for my Neo AES. I can only afford two out of the three, and I know for a fact 2002 is a must-own, and is therefore at the top of my list. I will end up buying all three eventually, but can't at this moment.

I have KOF '94 thru 2001, so 2002 & 2003 would keep me up to date with my collection. However, I like SvC Chaos a whole lot, maybe it isn't perfect but it definately impresses the hell out of me. Tough choice, KOF 2003 or SvC Chaos to go along with KOF 2002. Any suggestions, comments, brief reviews of which game you would choose and why? At the price these carts go for I need a second and third opinion on the matter.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
KOF 2003

Though that game isn't too impressive. There are plenty of other neo geo games out there... why pay 300 bucks for a hamburger when you can pay 50 dollars for a steak?

D

Devils Child

point taken. thanks for the advice. i still want the game though, but you bring up an interesting and important point.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
OK, at least you get my point, but you know, I really have no problem at all, it's your money after all.

But really... with SvC, I wouldn't waste your money. Wait for the sequel because I can see this game getting much better.

KOF2003 is very different then the other KOFs, so even if you like all of the KOFs, you might not like this. Screw all the "this game is broken because one character can do infinates" or whatever... it still plays very well. Many of the characters were cut out of this one but I wouldn't worry that much about it since you already have all the other games. :)

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
SVC Chaos IMO. *It's got it's flaws in certain areas, but it's different and fun none the less.

Just my 2 cents.

MERCENARY X99

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Syxx573 said:
KOF 2003

Though that game isn't too impressive. There are plenty of other neo geo games out there... why pay 300 bucks for a hamburger when you can pay 50 dollars for a steak?

My point exactly!! Since the PS2 port is almost identical (well IMO) ofcourse... to the AES version why pay a full retail price now? Since SVC Chaos sales weren't great I bet there will be a major price drop coming soon. :cool:

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I think I'm going to preoder KOF 2003. I just need a loan from the bank first.

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
SVC lasted about 2 days in my AES.

KOF '03 thus far has not left my MVS yet!!!

KOF '03, most definitely.

SVCC. KOF2003 is just like KOF, old and boring. Not creativer either. Kyo, orange flames, Iori, purple flames, K, red flames, Ash, green flames. So who's next and what colour will it be?
Another reason for SVCC is that, it is one player match. Just master one character and win.