Neo Geo Controller ports?

Arakon Kaizen

Crazed MVS Addict
Is there a place to buy extra Neo Geo controller ports? I am building a super gun and would like to wire up standard Neo Geo controller ports. They're just too damn expensive to hack the cord off of.

Any good links?

I saw the Neo Store had extension cords which would work, but thats a bit pricey and I don't need that much wire.

Need MORE options.,

Thanks.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
You can use regular DB-15 connectors, and regular PC controller extension cables.

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
If you're making controllers for the AES then the Neo extension cables the Neo store sells are best because the sockets are deeper than standard db15 and regular db15 cables generally won't fit snugly enough(my ports are worn and the standard db15 cables will wiggle out pretty easily).

However like Amano says for your own homemade super gun use standard db15 sockets and buy something like the 6 ft joystick extension cables which Belkin sells. Chop off the female end and use something like a continuity tester to trace which pins corresponds to which wire.

Arakon Kaizen

Crazed MVS Addict
Well I am hoping to make ports that fit as well as possible to my gun. Its going to be slightly large, so that the boards are actually mounted inside of it.

The idea was to install controller ports on the outside so that its easy to plug in joysticks to any PCB i stick in it.

I guess I'll try the previously mentioned ports (maybe I can alter them to fit the standard NeoGeo controller better?).

Thanks for the info. I'm just gathering up parts right now, my actual board is supposed to be here friday.

damn Taxes in germany suck, they charging me an import tax on it.

I really wish i could get delivery to my APO address from HK.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I just use this adaptor to fit it into my aes ports......

db15adaptor.jpg

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
That'll work.

I bought a single pair of the Neo extension cables and use them to plug the various controllers built using the belkin cables into my AES. They act as my adapter and an extension cable to boot.

The shorter standard male plugs fit very nicely into the Neo extension cables female socket even though it is deeper. Your milage may vary though and if your AES isn't as worn as mine the shorter plugs might be plenty snug in the deeper sockets on their own.

Since the Neo cables function only as an "extension/adapter" I only have to pay $10-12 for a new Belkin cable whenever I want to whip up a new controller.