KoF 1 vs 1

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Hi all

I write to make part of my surprise because I never hear about the 1vs1 mode in KoF. We all know that the KoF series are famous due to their 3vs3 fights but the 1vs1 mode exist! Yes!

So, as I almost never play on 3vs3, I'd like to know if you people play with 3 or 1 character.
I largely prefer the one on one battle but I must be one of the lonely players to play like that... And I must say the game is harder in that mode!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Sometimes I set my KOF 2002 MVS to "event mode" (one vs. one) and set the match points to the max number when I want to practice a particular character. Against friends, I usually play teams.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Nah!

I prefer 1 Vs 3 !!! :D
Talk about "straights" dude !

Takuma OWNZ !:D

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Teams, always.

I even believe that 3vs3 matches in SVC would make that game much more "decent".

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I always Play with a Team- but for practicing with a certain character id go single mode- or survivor- which I try and strenghen my skills and durability there.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
I always play with the teams because thats what makes KOF so amazing and fun. My best friend on the other hand never plays in teams. He prefers the one on one.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
The only KOF I play in 1 vs 1 mode is KOF 94. This is only because there is no team edit feature.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I only play 1vs1 on ports where the music resets between battles; mostly DC kof 98.

I'd rather go 5 rounds of 1vs1 with continuous music rather than have it restart with 3vs3. Restarting music just kills the experience.

Neo Gunloc

Rugal's Thug
I've only got ports, but I like to play both.
It mainly depends on my mood.
The PS1 loading times for KOF '97 when playing in teams don't bother me that much.