Samurai Spirits Zero Special announced!!

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Samurai Spirits Zero Special will be based on Samurai Spirits Zero, with three additional characters. The historical bosses Amakusa Shirou Tokisada from Samurai Spirits 1 and Minazuki Zankurou from Samurai Spirits 3 are confirmed to be in the game. Considering that Samurai Spirits Zero's boss Gaoh is also listed as an additional character together with Amakusa and Zankurou, it is most likely that the three bosses will be controllable as player characters. It is not known if Mizuki, Samurai Spirits 2's last boss, is in the game. However, the site hints that there are additional characters that are yet to be revealed. Samurai Spirits Zero Special will also have a number of changes in the game's system and character balances, the details of which are not known.

http://www.samurai-zero.jp/

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
Yes I`m dying to spend another $380 on a game that is 97% the same than SSO/V :rolleyes:

Very nice Playmore ... as if the MS4 copy and paste job was not enough yet.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Retaliator said:
Yes I`m dying to spend another $380 on a game that is 97% the same than SSO/V :rolleyes:

Don't worry I don't even think they'll release a home cart so quit bitching.

Does no one realize that this has been done multiple times on the Neo hardware, and is very common practice in the arcade industry?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
lithy said:
Don't worry I don't even think they'll release a home cart so quit bitching.

Does no one realize that this has been done multiple times on the Neo hardware, and is very common practice in the arcade industry?

Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout Special

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout Special

Dare I say even Metal Slug X to you Jorge ;)

Anyway World Heroes 2 Jet

Not sure about these because I don't own the games but are Puzzle de Pon! R or Breakers Revenge sequels or upgrades.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
lithy said:
Dare I say even Metal Slug X to you Jorge ;)

Anyway World Heroes 2 Jet

Not sure about these because I don't own the games but are Puzzle de Pon! R or Breakers Revenge sequels or upgrades.

Yep, you're right. Only thing is that Metal Slug X is clearly
the superior twin brother of 2.:glee:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Retaliator said:

Absolutely nobody here forces you to buy it... And as it has been said, most likely it won't see an AES release, I agree with lithy. This is common in the arcade industry (specially in CD based games although this is not the case), people who put coins in the arcades (yes, these games are designed for that) will get happy to play an enhanced version.

I see this somehow similar to Metal Slug X (I hope we can call SS0 special the "superior brother"), but the time between the 2 releases is very short.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
I see this somehow similar to Metal Slug X (I hope we can call SS0 special the "superior brother"), but the time between the 2 releases is very short.

But 2 is better than X ;)

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
Well,

WH2Jet
RBS

have completely new stages so this warrants to some respect a new purchase.

FFS/MSX - there´s not too much of a difference wrt FF2/MS2 BUT there has at least been some time between the two releases (9 and 14 months respectively). So the differences (speed, new opponents etc.) at least seemed fresh in one way or the other.

And SS0 Special? Announced 2/3 months after SS0? Sorry but that sounds so predictable - they could have integrated all the minor change stuff into the original as well.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
are you guys crazy ?

RBS is basically 100 % new

its got nothing in common with RB1

RB2 is the shit sorry one of the series
( only 2 new fighters,removed specials,win poses,frames etc etc )

NOT rbs

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Fran said:
are you guys crazy ?

NOT rbs
I was wondering when someone was going to say this. RBS has all redrawn characters and all new backgrounds from Real Bout 1... nothing carried over. Even the gameplay system is different, returning to FFS's 2-line system.

I've got to disagree about RB2 being "shit" though. It does re-use the character sprites from RBS, while adding regular Geese (different from RBS's Nightmare Geese), Rick, Xiang Fei and Alfred (okay, Alfred is nothing to brag about). But the system is also changed from RBS's full 2-line system, to a 2-line sway system, and the character balance is much tweaked to even out the characters better. I love all three games, but I think RB2 is the best.

As for the current situation, I had already bought FF2 , but when FFS came out I was happy -- HAPPY -- to get it. Of course it had 8 new playable characters as opposed to the 3 announced so far for SSV Special, but let's try waiting to see what else it comes with before bitching about it...

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Fran said:
are you guys crazy ?

NOT rbs

I agree, forgot to mention that. RBS is very different to RB, but RB2 is way too similar to RBS, and I actually like RBS more than RB2. However now I doubt if I prefer RBS over RB.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
So, trying to get back to the original thread topic - does anyone have a credible source of information stating that this game will be MVS only?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout Special

Real Bout Special doesn't count because it's an entirely new game, even though its called Special. This is definetely up Fatal Fury Special and Metal Slug X's alley though.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout Special

Fatal Fury special is much better than 2, but not much different at the time. Now I thank god for it, however.

RBSpecial? you're joking, right? 1 and special are VERY different games.

Metal Slug X
FFS

Those two come to mind as being almost the same thing, but not really. With that said, both are quite a bit better than the ones before it for obvious reasons. I'm sure, at the time, we didn't see it (hell, I bought MSX the day it came out on AES, and I had MS2 at the time... I was happy with it, but still pissed that I spent $280 on a game I already had).

I love SSV, and I'm excited to see what they do next, based on the two games I mentioned. however, it's playmore, and they're no SNK by a long shot.... so, we will see.

Spike

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Wow,
This fuckin pisses me off. If they include a english story mode Im gunna shoot myself.

SSS

neo retired
I still haven't played 5. Probably won't care much about this release either.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Fran said:
are you guys crazy ?

NOT rbs

AMEN! :buttrock:

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
no way is metal slug 2 better than metal slug x.
metal slug x was the fix for the biggest fuck up metal slug 2.
metal slug 2 = the worst metal slug games period.
where is my neo-geo pocket its metal slugs run better than ms2.

as for ss5 special i hope it comes out for the aes that will be the ver i buy.