MVS Marquee Locked - standard?

justdefend

Quiz Detective
Are the MVS Marquee Locks standard for the red cabs? I bought one but it doesn't look the owner has a key set to for the marquee, only the bottom locks.

Are these keys standard, or is there another way I can get to it?

Yeti 0f Doom

Rugal's Thug
Well you could always drill into it and replace the lock as a last resort. Arcade locks are only about $6 I think.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
U might also take a it out of the markee..that is, if u can lift it up to put your marquee's in like me..but just cant lock it..you can pull the lock out w/ a Flathead Screwdriver and a Cresent Wrench. I just took mine to a Locksmith and he keyed it for me (created a key to fit in it).

firebomber

Astra Superstar
If you take off the top back access panel you can reach in and take apart the lock from the inside. That's what I had to do when I got mine.
Locks are cheap though, Bob Roberts sells them for 3 bucks.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Another thing occurred to me!!! In my Cab the locks for the marquee lock onto Screws...if this is the same as yours, and i'll bet it is. You can pull the back panel off (like Firebomber mentioned) and reach up inside w/a screwdriver and just take the screws out thus eliminating the need for the locks altogether.