Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Help needed!

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
I know this is a Neo Geo tech board, and I rememebr reading it is ok discussing other arcade/console tech here, so I am.

I have an Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 revision 1.1 baord and everytime I load it up I get a CMOS error. Anyone have any ideas as to why? Here are pics (bare with me) of the Rom checking screen, followed by the CMOS error.

Roms Checking

CMOS Error

If anyone can be of ANY help! I'd appreciate it!

:help: :help: :help:

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
I replaced the battery. Maybe it isn't connected properly. I had to solder a new one on because the previous owner or whatever removed the battery. I hope that isn't busted forever, I don't want to enter the ultimate kombat codes each time hehe.

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
Umm...why did you have to solder the battery? It should have a small battery retention clip. The type of battery should be CR2325. The side with the markings should be facing upwards.

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
The reason I had to solder it, is because the previous owner completely removed the battery component. Holder and all! I did get a cr2325 battery and did replace it. I just hope the board isn't damaged. Cause when I go to the test menu and change the volume setting it says CMOS ok then and does do a save. Is there a period of time I have to leave the unit on before it picks up the saves?

Appreciate the info.

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
As far as I know, there is no required on time for the system to save. Follow the traces on the board from where you soldered the battery to the next component they attach to, and do a continuity check just to make sure.

ToeJam

Marked Wolf
I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip reznor. Also do you know where I can find a dip switch sheet for UMK3? I wanna set Freeplay on and check to see what other options there are for the dips. I don't have the manual :(

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Dip Switch 1 Setting Table
Sw.8 Coinage (Off=Dip Switches, On=CMOS)
Sw.7 Pricing
Sw.6 Pricing
Sw.5 Pricing (Free Play = On, On, On)
Sw.4 Country
Sw.3 Country (USA = Off, Off)
Sw.2 1 Count/Coin Totalizer (wtf?)
Sw.1 Test Switch (Game Mode=Off, Test Mode=On)

Dip Switch 2 Setting Table
Sw.8 Violence
Sw.7 Blood in Game
Sw.6 Not Used
Sw.5 Attract Sounds
Sw.4 Not Used
Sw.3 Dollar Bill Validator (Not Installed=Off, Installed=On)
Sw.2 Power Up Test (Perform Test=Off, Skip Test=On)
Sw.1 Not Used