KOF'03 Arcadia Mook (w/DVD) 2/27/2004

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/jp/p_catalog/book/2004/4-7577-1820-9.html

New Arcadia mook for KOF'03 on sale 2/27 -- only 1659 yen, with bonus DVD!

Title: THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2003 FLAME OF NOVA
Publisher: Enterbrain
On Sale: 2/27/04
Price: 1659 yen
ISBN: 4-7577-1820-9

Mook includes: a short comic by FALCOON, technique charts, versus battle strategies, demo & ending collections, data collection.

DVD includes: system explanation, character introduction & combos, boss strategies, versus battles between famous Japanese players

--Chris

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I definitely want it. 1659 yen seems impossibly low, though. The '02 mook was 1380 without a DVD... it's hard to see them having a $4 DVD, unless it's super short or something. Great news, though.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Black Noah said:

man are you sure they sell this?

i went there and the only mook i found was of Virtua Fighter and nothing related to Arcadia magazine...

someone help, i really want to get this...

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Violent Ryo said:
someone help, i really want to get this...
Syxx573 has got the right idea -- try contacting one of the U.S. branches of Asahiya Bookstores (usually found in the Mitsuwa Plaza shopping centers/malls in Japan-towns in SoCal). Click here for the addresses, phones, & FAXes of some of the U.S. Asahiya shops. Wondering why the L.A. branch isn't on this list anymore... Anyway, give them a call (or FAX'em) and ask if they'd be able to pre-order the book for you -- give'em the ISBN number, title, and publisher. They should be able to tell you if this is something they can source or not.

--Chris

BIG

sony fanboy
Asahiya Bookstore's L.A. location went out of business last month.

What about Kinokuniya?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I'll be getting this asap.

Sklabah

Another Striker
Thanks, Chris! Your info helped me get the SvC Mook no problem, and I'll be ordering this from Asahiya in San Diego immediately.

Very cool.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
xtoo_short20x said:
I'll be getting this asap.

This is another one of the few times when I agree with Shorty.

I'll be picking this up the day it comes out.

What an awesome price.

slerch666

updyke,
Dash no Chris said:
http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/jp/p_catalog/book/2004/4-7577-1820-9.html

New Arcadia mook for KOF'03 on sale 2/27 -- only 1659 yen, with bonus DVD!

Title: THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2003 FLAME OF NOVA
Publisher: Enterbrain
On Sale: 2/27/04
Price: 1659 yen
ISBN: 4-7577-1820-9

Mook includes: a short comic by FALCOON, technique charts, versus battle strategies, demo & ending collections, data collection.

DVD includes: system explanation, character introduction & combos, boss strategies, versus battles between famous Japanese players

--Chris
Chris- I sent an email to your website (hoteiyalv) and I sent a PM... just wondering if you had gotten them or not?

Sorry to hijack your thread...

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
Re: Re: KOF'03 Arcadia Mook (w/DVD) 2/27/2004

i know a store in paris who can get that for me,mmmm.
someone know how much for this item in euro ? basically.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I can't wait! I'll definitely be picking this up and it'll be my first mook! :)

deathknight

Zero's Tailor
Re: Re: Re: KOF'03 Arcadia Mook (w/DVD) 2/27/2004

Stephane said:
i know a store in paris who can get that for me,mmmm.
someone know how much for this item in euro ? basically.

About 13 euro, cheap eh:D ;)

deathknight

Zero's Tailor
really!:D

really!.JPG

Updated each day:cool:
:D

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Re: Re: KOF'03 Arcadia Mook (w/DVD) 2/27/2004

slerch666 said:
Chris- I sent an email to your website (hoteiyalv) and I sent a PM... just wondering if you had gotten them or not?

Sorry to hijack your thread...
slerch, my sincere apologies for not replying to your earlier PM & email (things have been a bit nutty 'round here this week). The postman just brought our latest shipment of items about 30 mins ago, including the 5 individual Sakura Taisen CDs you requested, plus your ST Complete Song Box. I have to say I'm really glad I didn't try to bring the ST CSB back in my luggage for you -- I'm now certain it would've perished (it came thru the mail just fine, tho'). This is my first time laying eyes on one of these beasts -- I hadn't realized it's the size of a laserdisc package (NICE!). I'll be getting with Brad later today to package up today's items for our customers, after which he'll email you with a total for items + shipping. My apologies once again for keeping you waiting.

Please check your email & PM box for replies to your earlier communiques.

--Chris

deathknight

Zero's Tailor
Dash do you think there'll be frame data? THERE'S GOTTA BE!!

No good mook without frame data!:annoyed: :eek_2:

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
B.I.GPSYCHE said:
Asahiya Bookstore's L.A. location went out of business last month.

What about Kinokuniya?
You're kidding -- how in the hell could the Asahiya branch in the middle of L.A.'s Little Tokyo district EVER go out of business?!?!? What happened? Did Kinokuniya steal away all their customers? Dude, that sucks -- Asahiya L.A. was absolutely the best branch of that chain, bar none. I owe the greater portion of my substantial manga, magazine, and mook collection to the tireless efforts of their staff. Man, that's just depressing. B.I.G., can you provide any more details on what happened to them?

I would imagine that Kinokuniya would also be able to special order this mook. Click here for contact info for branches of Kinokuniya outside Japan.
deathknight said:
Dash do you think there'll be frame data? THERE'S GOTTA BE!!

No good mook without frame data!:annoyed: :eek_2:
Haven't seen a detailed breakdown/announcement of the contents yet, but I would imagine the Arcadia staff will come thru for you.

--Chris

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
:drool_2:

I must get this book... prolly buy it after I settle into my new apartment.

BIG

sony fanboy
Asahiya Bookstore

Originally posted by Dash no Chris:
You're kidding -- how in the hell could the Asahiya branch in the middle of L.A.'s Little Tokyo district EVER go out of business?!?!? What happened?

Chris,I was very surprised when I heard this,myself.

Southtownkid and I went there one day,and the store clerk told us that the store will be closing down on the 31st of January,reason unknown.

However,the Torrance location is still up and running.I wonder,what could've gone wrong?

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Im so stoked about this. They released the Shikigami no shiro II mook with a dvd also. Im starting to like this trend.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
deathknight said:
The initial couple of paragraphs are a general explanation of what the mook is and why you should buy it. The bulleted items are:

> comic (i.e., the original short manga by FALCOON)
> system explanation / introduction to all characters / graphics collections & technique charts
> character-specific versus battle strategies / introduction to combos / data collection for all techniques*
> character voice effects list / victory message collection / graphics collection for all special pre-bout animations / character design collection

* looks like this will be the frame data you wanted, deathknight.

The next paragraph introduces the DVD, indicating that it will go from basic strategies to introductory combinations to versus battles played out by reknowned high-level players. The bulleted items are:

> system explanation
> character introduction & combinations
> boss strategies
> collection of versus battles by reknowned players

--Chris