sam 0/V special official screenshots

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
thanks to heavenly king on s-c.com for noticing the update to the site.

http://www.samurai-zero.jp/

being a complete samsho fanboy, i'm not sure what i'm going to do about this game. can't decide if playable bosses and a few engine tweaks warrant another purchase...

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
DAMN! That really looks good. Any word on the fatalities??
-BB

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I think the small updates look nice, and the SPECIAL logo is like the FFS one.
Hopefully all the bosses have been thoroughly weakened and this has a better sound track and ambience.

I am still pissed that this came out so shortly after people spent a grip on SSV.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
The new ingame portraits are fucking gorgeous. The old ones were already good as it is, though.

edit: those are ingame, right? I mean the tiny ones, not the larger ones of the bosses.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Yea, that is some sweet art.

Lets hope they had some forgotten characters or SS64 characters to the mix.

I'll be picking this up, but when the price goes way down.

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Any idea on who drew the art?
Beautiful indeed.
The way SSV SHOULD have been... SNKP, those lazy bastards heh.

I'll be disappointed if the bosses aren't tuned down. They should, at least, include an original boss version and a competetive version of the bosses or something.

Sasuke

n00b
That new art truly is excellent imo. Even the remixed SS2 backround ain't bad. (though i loved the color of the sky in the old one, really stupid to change something so beautiful) Anyways, seeing as snkp was so lazy as to only bring back bosses that where already in SS3-4 form sprites and didn't feel like redoing some of the SS2 characters that would actually be worth playing with it kinda makes me skeptical on how far they went into balancing all the characters. With the new art and gameplay tweak a translated english story and fatalities would really be the deciding factor for me. (though i dought snkp would go through the trouble of making chopped in half sprites for the new characters)

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
At the bottom of the page, it says ￾E￾E￾E‚»‚µ‚Ä (soshite), which can translate as "and then..."

Which suggests there might be something else to the update.

...and LWK is right, the Special logo looks a lot like the Fatal Fury Special one.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Ha, I guess sometimes it pays to wait on things.

Iwill be getting this when it comes out, if it ever does...it better!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Is it confirmed that this will be coming to AES/MVS? Maybe it's coming out only for the next gen consoles?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
that new artwork is amongst the best ive seen.. looks really good.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
That art is good, but I prefer the original. Diff'rent strokes I guess. So far it doesn't look like enough to make me buy it though.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
The screen shots like they were snapped using emulation-ware. :eek:

slerch666

updyke,
Tiptonium said:
The screen shots like they were snapped using emulation-ware. :eek:
I was thinking the same thing...

Funny, considering how much of that they have to battle, without "promoting" it themselves. (Yeah, they own the ROMs and everything else, so emulation for them isn't illegal, but that's not really my point)

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
slerch666 said:
I was thinking the same thing...

Funny, considering how much of that they have to battle, without "promoting" it themselves. (Yeah, they own the ROMs and everything else, so emulation for them isn't illegal, but that's not really my point)

Would it be so crazy if the dev system allows screen captures too? I dunno...

bishounen

Marked Wolf
Damn, it looks really good. Can't really complain about the addition of bosses, the more the merrier I say. It would be cool if they added Shiki, all they have to do is recolour her to match everybody else, and I guess change up her move list a bit. I can't imagine Shiki playing the same way she does in SvC in SSV.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Wow, that is freakin' schweet :buttrock:

Too bad it will most likely never see a homecart release :oh_no:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Nice new bosses added, and the in game art is fuckin' incredible. Being a huge fan of SSV, I very well may get this.

The same system is in there, such as enlightenment. You can see the bars are there, which is fine with me.

I hope they don't ditch the in game art they already had. I love the select screen for V, which is one big reason I like it... yeah, stupid, I know.

But, if there's no english story mode, and they only add three bosses and a new BG or two, I don't know that I'll bite. Then again, FFS is one of my fav fighters, so maybe special can once again be just that. We'll see. I think of SSV to be the best SS yet, so how can it get better?

Spike

hupplark_39

Kabuki Klasher
Yea and this time put Mr. SissorHand and Wan-Fu back in the dam game. they were two of the best characters. Listen Up SNKP, the fans know what they want. :cool:

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Fuggn A ...Wan Fu was the man...i won a match w/ Wan Fu in 3.8. I only hit Mai 3 or 4 times and bam. I was waiting for a copy of SSV to come around that was affordable..may just be worth waiting for the new ver. to come out. :lol: