Neo Geo AES serial number/best RGB output question

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Wondered if somebody could clear this up for me. I hear that some AES systems have got a better RGB output than others. This refers to the picture quality, right??.
If so, which AES systems have this output?? IS it later ones??
I have a normal jap AES with the serial # 041160. ALso have a modded jap AES with the serial # 165319.
Is that good?? Please let me know.
Also is the picture quality from an AES ever going to be as good as that from an MVS board??
Thanks very much in advance :lol:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sengohan said:
Wondered if somebody could clear this up for me. I hear that some AES systems have got a better RGB output than others. This refers to the picture quality, right??.
If so, which AES systems have this output?? IS it later ones??
I have a normal jap AES with the serial # 041160. ALso have a modded jap AES with the serial # 165319.
Is that good?? Please let me know.
Also is the picture quality from an AES ever going to be as good as that from an MVS board??
Thanks very much in advance :lol:

I think this might be what your looking for..

http://nfg.2y.net/games/neorgb/

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Cheers very much!!!! A lot wiser now!!
One more question though: what exactly is composite output?? What kind of cable is that?? Sorry, stupid question, but no idea. I assume its not the same as S-video cables, ie the yellow, white and red one. Cheers !!!

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
Sengohan said:
Cheers very much!!!! A lot wiser now!!
One more question though: what exactly is composite output?? What kind of cable is that?? Sorry, stupid question, but no idea. I assume its not the same as S-video cables, ie the yellow, white and red one. Cheers !!!

Composite cables ARE red, white, and yellow (video), basically the shittest video option next to RF.

S-video looks like a PS/2 mouse cable but is black, along with the two red + white audio cables. Video quality is better but not perfect.

RGB scart is the way forward. I use nothing else.

By the way, what sort of RGB output does a US system give out? I've hardly seen them noted/compared anywhere...

EDIT: Shite, my AES is US#16000 or something like that. Seems like I get dark RGB compared to everyone else. I'll pick up a later revision Japanese AES as those look a lot brighter. I'd fed up with white blood on Slug3 anyhow.

Last edited: