Glitchy AES cart, can it be fixed?

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Hello,

I've got a US Samurai Showdown 3 AES cart that has graphical glitches. These glitches are confined to certain text displays, such as character names above the power bar etc... In their place there are jumbled up pixels /blocks. Everything else in the game is perfect, it's a strange situation!

I posted this topic a while back and since then I've tried my best to clean the hell out of the contacts. I got quite a bit of grime of them and they are now very clean. However the glitchy problem remains.

Is there something wrong with part of the circuit board? It seems the only explantion.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I might fix it, or am I flogging a dead horse?

Thanks.

HPMAN

UI resident
Pics ?

Seems like a S1 chip problem, could be dead, or another problem...

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
A bit off topic but I've got a KOF '95 homecart that has audio that crackles. I've tried cleaning it numerous times and with no results. I'm thinking something might be loose/cracked inside.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
HPMAN > I'll get a screenshot asap. The problem is I won't be able to post it as trying to attach an image in this forum is like rocket science or something, but I can email it to you if you don't mind?

btw - I've had problems with crackling sound before but this can usually remedied by adjusting the cart in the slot. Try a few different positions, you may get it to work! Sometimes the best way is to gently push the cart in all the way then tease it out a little and then turn the power on.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
moonwhistle said:

btw - I've had problems with crackling sound before but this can usually remedied by adjusting the cart in the slot. Try a few different positions, you may get it to work! Sometimes the best way is to gently push the cart in all the way then tease it out a little and then turn the power on.

I've tried all sorts of stuff like that but nothing has worked. It's always in the same parts of the music, and only on certain tracks if memory serves me correct.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
It seems like there is defiantely nothing wrong with the connectors. I've been adviced that the problem could be that there is something making a contact across the traces inside the cart.

Could anyone offer advice on opening the cart and identifying the problem?

Thanks.