Kyo '98 - Is this combo possible?

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
Jump D/C - stand D/C - qcf D,D - qcf B,B - Red Kick (B version)

I'm having difficulty connecting the red kick, I tried for around 30 mins last night and got nothing. Has anyone ever managed to connect the red kick before?

I can't even connect a simple clean Hyaku Shiki Oniyaki (DP) after the second set of kicks which is why I gave up in the end. I figured that it doesn't allow the opponent anymore air-time.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
eh?

jump D, stand C, qcf+D,D,rdp+B works..

as with

jump D, stand C, qcf+D,D, dp + C

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
kernow said:
eh?

jump D, stand C, qcf+D,D,rdp+B works..

as with

jump D, stand C, qcf+D,D, dp + C

Aye, I know matey bobs - I've been able to do both of those for around 6 years now.

I'm now trying to be cheeky and add qcf+B,B after the first set of D,D jump kicks though. It seems that you only have one more 'move opportunity' after the initial jump kicks however.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
ahh, sorry, hmm, I'll have to try it but don't think its doable.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Are you talking about trying to chain something like Kyo's infinite in '95? I don't think you can do another B version.

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
Kernow said:
ahh, sorry, hmm, I'll have to try it but don't think its doable.

Me neither - just give it a do though. I'll try again tonight innit. Are you coming to that meet in Manchester?

SonGohan said:
Are you talking about trying to chain something like Kyo's infinite in '95? I don't think you can do another B version.

Well, I hit the D version as standard, then I usually got for either the red kick or a DP (unless I'm maxed then I do all sorts of shit) - the other day I noticed that it's possible to hit another 2 jump kicks after the initial set but they must be the B versions, I'm just wondering if it's possible to connect another hit after those. All my attempts so far end up whiffed, IE a perfectly clean DP will just go through the falling opponent and won't connect.

I don't really care too much as I hardly use Kyo anymore. It would've been a nice little combo if it did connect though.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
As far as I know, it's not possible. If it were, that would mean you could probably do another b version, and then it'd turn into Kyo 95 all over again. I think you just have one juggle after that move, but then again there are some crazy vids out there that have opponents in the air for a longass time.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Nope, don't think it works. Tried it for 20 mins or so, but nothing connects after the qcf+B,B juggle, and I guess that's intended, anything else would be a real double cheeseburger with bacon, large fries and a medium Coke.

Man, I'm hungry.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
SonGohan said:
As far as I know, it's not possible. If it were, that would mean you could probably do another b version, and then it'd turn into Kyo 95 all over again. I think you just have one juggle after that move, but then again there are some crazy vids out there that have opponents in the air for a longass time.

It does work, it was among the combos I sent you for that project. And the one qcf+BB juggle is as far as it goes, you can't add another qcf+KK.

The timming is very strict but it works, the DP is easier to connect than the RED kick.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
* goes back to 98 practise mode *

Okay, let's see...

Edit. Yep, it does work, but I can only juggle with a dp+C. Really strict timing here, the opponent has got to be still floating in mid-air and must not be falling while the dp comes out or else it won't hit.

Nice.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Diavle18 said:
It does work, it was among the combos I sent you for that project. And the one qcf+BB juggle is as far as it goes, you can't add another qcf+KK.

The timming is very strict but it works, the DP is easier to connect than the RED kick.

I just checked the folder you and AJ sent me, and I don't see this one anywhere. So you're saying you can land 3 qcf+k moves on an opponent? Crazy, I'm going to have to keep trying this.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
You can only land 2 qcf +KK's.
A guy i was playing with a while back was great at doing it and he always finished with the oniyaki. I could never land it myself :(. He said it works in 99 and 00 as well, but I've never bothered to check as I don't play kyo much.

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
Either the timing is STRICT or I'm fucking shit. If I can't get this out at least once by the end of the week I'm retiring from KoF.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll try the C version DP when I get in, even before I eat, and I'm helluva hungry after reading about double cheeseburgers with bacon and shit.

If I can get it to work with '98 I'll try it on '99 and see what other moves I can bring to the party. It's times like these when I grow a hard-on over the strikers.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Inspired by SG's previous gifs I made one for this.

kyo.gif

I tried to get a rdp+k to connect but I don't think it's possible.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
firebomber said:
Inspired by SG's previous gifs I made one for this.

kyo.gif

I tried to get a rdp+k to connect but I don't think it's possible.

Does it also works with the power stock activated ?

Some combos aren't possible to connect in MAX mode.
I can't try it now... no Neo Geo here or roms.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Yes it works in max mode. The timing becomes different and seemingly a bit more strict since the qcf+KK juggles them a lot higher, though.

Also I tried again and the rdp+ B does work as a finisher but the timing is even harder to get right. Best to sick with the oniyaki.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Nice gif! I thought what Diavle was saying is that you could do 3 qcfkks, but it's still cool that you can do a dp after 2 of them. I always timed it to hit right when they were almost on the ground, so that could be my problem. I'll have to try this when I don't have to go to work.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Thanks for the complements on the gif guys. That's what happens when you have too much time between class on wed. :emb:

The window for landing the second qcf+BB and being able to land the dp is pretty small. Somewhere around shoulder height.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
firebomber said:

The window for landing the second qcf+BB and being able to land the dp is pretty small. Somewhere around shoulder height.

The window for the second qcf+KK isn't small at all, only for the follow-up to that.

BTW you wouldn't happened to be firebomber from Kaillera would you?

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I don't mean that the window for actually getting the second qcf+BB to connect is small. I mean that if you don't connect it in that window it's very hard to get the oniyaki to hit.

Yeah, I'm the same firebomber from kaillera. I'm on there a lot these days since I have better internet. You've probably mopped the floor with me at one time or another. What's your name on there?

Last edited:

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
firebomber said:
I don't mean that the window for actually getting the second qcf+BB to actually connect is small. I mean that if you don't connect it in that window it's very hard to get the oniyaki to hit.

Yeah, I'm the same firebomber from kaillera. I'm on there a lot these days since I have better internet. You've probably mopped the floor with me at one time or another. What's your name on there?

Ah, my mistake.

I think I've played you, my nick there is PushOver.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
I definately remember playing against PushOver; probably in 2k2. I'll keep a look out for you in the future.

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
I wish net connections were good enough to play people overseas.

Hardly any UK people play KoF online, it's mainly all the CPS games that get played.

Cheers for the gif. I'd already got the combo to work as soon as I arrived home. :buttrock: Only took around 3 minutes. Why the hell has it taken me so long to realise the potential in that combo?

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Have you tried empty cancelling after the Kai+BB? I hardly ever play '98 and don't even own it anymore, but see if that opens possibilities for you.

Last edited: