NeoGeoForLife.com back up and running - edited Feb 9th MS1/2/X/3/4 reviews now up

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Hey all,

I've been doing a lot of work on my site recently, and finally it should be a lot more frequently updated. We now have a staff on board (instead of it being just me) to do news updates amongst other things, so you'll be seeing a lot of news posts on there as well as new content for the site.

I have uploaded a new review today in fact. I've been playing the hell out of the Metal Slug series for the past few weeks, so I decided to work on in-depth reviews of EVERY Slug game. I uploaded my MS1 review today, and I'll be uploading the others every couple of days for the next week or so! Here's a direct link:

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/reviews/metal_slug.shtml

Let me know what you think and if you have any comments or suggestions. Hopefully there will be some other good activity happening on the site in the very near future too, so keep checking back :)

Kaz

edit: Metal Slug 2 review is now online too:

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/reviews/metal_slug_2.shtml

2nd edit: MSX review now done:

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/reviews/metal_slug_x.shtml

3rd edit: MS3 Review online:

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/reviews/metal_slug_3.shtml

4th edit: MS4 Review online:

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/reviews/metal_slug_4.shtml

Last edited:

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Awesome man!!! I love your site, one of the best.

Keep up the great work.

kc

Belnar Institute Student
your reviews always kick ass; many thanks

btw when are the ss5, kof03 reviews coming out.

Last edited:

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Thanks guys!

There's an SS0 review that I'm going to put online very soon that was written by Raiken, but I haven't been able to play the game properly myself so I can't do a proper review of it myself at the moment. Same goes for KOF 2003 really, although I may look at doing that soon if I can.

Gonna get these Metal Slug reviews done first, then I have another game I want to re-review... after that I'll probably do KOF 2003 if I've had the chance to play it properly that is :)

Kaz

fiolinagermi

Zero's Secretary
Hi Kazuya,

This is so cool that I get to reply to a thread that your wrote! I love your site.:) I think its one of the places every serious neo gamer has bookmarked.

Anyways, I am not sure if you have uploaded it or not (I will look), but I would love to see a review of Metal Slug 1 and 2 for the Neogeo CD. Shawn has both those games in the Neostore and I was thinking about buying them.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
This metal slug review is awesome :) hope you won t leave for a magazine.

about the whole site, well one pic is enough
kaz.gif

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Your site was already kick ass in the first place, it just keeps getting better. Your reviews are usually spot on and your presentation is fantastic. Keep it up :buttrock:

Curt

apostate
I'd just like to say I think you're site is fantastic,

I have it bookmarked:lol:

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Wow, someone stickied this post for me? Thanks whoever it was :)

fiolinagermi: I don't have those Neo Geo CD games so I can't review them unfortunately. From what I know though, MS1 is fairly decent on the Neo Geo CD, while MS2 is ok but has longer load times. Have a look on www.neogeocd.com as they list a lot of load times etc on there for different games.

Wolferaizer: its hard to believe, but the site has been online since March 1999, so it's very nearly 5 years now. Doesn't seem like that long at all...

Thanks again for the compliments everyone, glad you find it useful :)

Kaz

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
I got a question, are you going to do a Samurai Showdown 5 review?

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Big Shady said:
I got a question, are you going to do a Samurai Showdown 5 review?

I mentioned that above :). I haven't been able to play the game properly to be honest, so at the moment I can't. Raiken is going to be adding his review of the game to the site in the next day or so though.

I'll do one as soon as I get the chance though! :)

Kaz

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
Awesome site, one of my favorite places to go when I'm cruising the internet at work. Although, I just checked and I think it's down again.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
fantat said:
Awesome site, one of my favorite places to go when I'm cruising the internet at work. Although, I just checked and I think it's down again.

Occasionally there are server issues, but the site seems to be working on here at the moment :)

Kaz

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Kazuya_UK said:
Wow, someone stickied this post for me? Thanks whoever it was :)

Kaz

I made it sticky.
Your site is a must for any real neo geo fan.

Thanks for the great work.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Yes, your site is teh shit, I desperately want Matrimelee thanks to you, and since I got a new job now, it should be mine in the near future.

The Future Is Now

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I really like your site Kazuya- excellent reviews- in depth too.

One of the few places on the 'net that Ninja Master's gets a good, well informed review.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
Kaz, is the man. I look forward to working with him!

joe_higashi19

Life is an Illusion, The Magic is Down My Pants.,
Your site is one of the main things back in the day that got me into the neo scene for that i wish to say THANK YOU!!!

Also i go there everyday to check out the new content(if any).

Keep up the good work KAZ we will always be thankful for it.:buttrock:

Last edited:

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
FTL said:
I made it sticky.
Your site is a must for any real neo geo fan.

Thanks for the great work.

I appreciate it! :buttrock:

Again, thanks for all the nice comments. I have uploaded the MS2 review now btw, here's the link:

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/reviews/metal_slug_2.shtml

Raiken has some of his own reviews to update about soon, which I will be uploading later today when I get home.

Kaz