PS2 losing SNK Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiolinagermi

Zero's Secretary
Before I post the email I received from Ben Herman this morning, let me say that I have hit my last straw with the PS2. I will still play the games I have (Strikers 1945 being one of them), but I will not buy another PS2 game. Finito!

From Ben Herman (www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com): (I had asked if Metal Slug 3 and SS5 were still coming to the PS2?)

"No on MS3 for PS2. Sony has not approved. SS5 is doubtful as well.
Sony is reviewing our SS5 game.

Ben Herman, President
SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORP.
1720 Highway 34
P.O. Box 1140
Wall, NJ 07719
Office 732-556-9001 x202
Fax 732-556-9003
Cell 732-740-7120
E-mail: bh@snkneogeousaconsumer.com

Well, there you have it. For those of you out there who own consoles, give all your support to Xbox. Sony has blown it, BIG! At least with the Neo community.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
they're bastards

I was planning on buying the MS3 port.

I'm not surprised at all actually.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Blah .... this is why I'm not a big Playstation fan anymore. It's probably some kind of shit about the games not being 3-d enough. They pulled the same BS with the Mega Man series a long time ago on the PS1.

This is why I never bought a PS2. Somewhere along the way Sony got to be way too controlling, when what they should be doing is letting the market decide if we want 2-d games. I hate this "I know what's best for you" bullshit. God knows they've let some absolute garbage titles slip through - they should be welcoming a gem like MS3 with open arms. Ok, my heart rate is returning to normal now :D.

Bob Sagat

n00b
Oh well.. MS3 coming to xbox and probably won't be edited like the ps2 would have been. Maybe SS5 will be on xbox as well. I hope so.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Fuck Sony.

Fuck Sony in its arrogant, domineering ass.

PS2 has some great stuff, but these guys just keep doing things to make me hate them.

I don't play a lot of console stuff anyway, but when I do it's usually X-Box live titles.

I know where my console dollars are gonna' stay.

Tokugawa

n00b
Good

I'm glad they are not getting anything in the first place.
The majority of gamers that I have seen today can not even pull of a DP much less input complex commands on a control much less grasp how complex and original the SS series is. Fuck em..

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
okay, so they let 2 mediocre KOF games come out on PS2, but not one of the MOST popular arcade games of the decade???

UH, right.

slerch666

updyke,
From what I understand Sony also said no to another company for the Ys collection. It's OK to release these games on the PS2 in Japan, but not in the US.

What is Sony's problems with these games? If they are buggy as shit, fine, but from what I understand, that is not the case.

Are they worried it will tarnish their image? I'm sorry, but the people who will be buying and playing these "games with crappy graphics" will be the motherfuckers who WANT to play "these games with crappy graphics." The PS2 is reaching the end of it's cycle in terms of new systems being prepared. I seriously doubt that when a person sees an SNK port they will be drawn away from the system because the PS2 is graphically "inferior" to the other systems.

Sony can suck a dick 12 feet long and then place that same dick into their anus, then pull it out and suck on it again.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Good news update there. Definitely getting the Metal Slug 3 release on XBOX. SCEA are so fucking stupid for not letting Metal Slug 3 get released on their console and it won't really surprise me to see Samurai Shodown V be denied of the same right. Keep fucking up SCEA. Keep fucking up.

CarlDMC

Tung's Hair,
slerch666 said:
From what I understand Sony also said no to another company for the Ys collection. It's OK to release these games on the PS2 in Japan, but not in the US.

:blow_top: They said no to Ys?!?!?! That's the only game I was waiting for!!! Next to SNK ports, of course:D

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
*sigh*

god dammit. if it weren't for Snk v. Capcom Chaos on Xbox, I wouldn't care but DAMMIT. WHY are you giving XBOX firepower, Sony? WHY?

Fuck sony, fuck Microsoft more.

Hate you sony.

-AG

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Good news update there. Definitely getting the Metal Slug 3 release on XBOX. SCEA are so fucking stupid for not letting Metal Slug 3 get released on their console and it won't really surprise me to see Samurai Shodown V be denied of the same right. Keep fucking up SCEA. Keep fucking up.

Maybe the box isn't so evil after all - and not only because of Halo :D. Who would ever have guessed that M$ would be the one NOT playing Big Brother??!!

PESTILENT

Armored Scrum Object
RyoGeo said:
Fuck Sony.

PS2 has some great stuff, but these guys just keep doing things to make me hate them.

I don't play a lot of console stuff anyway, but when I do it's usually X-Box live titles.

That's exactly how I feel and why I sold my PS2 a couple of months ago. There is more than enough on the X Box to keep me happy and with live I get unlimited replay value on my games.

I wonder why every company that gets an edge in the video game market always starts doing retarded, stupid shit and then some underdog has to come in and show them what gamers really want.

Spike23

Ninja Combat Warrior
do you think Sony gives a rat's ass about you few posters in this thread? NOPE. they have all the sales they want or need coming from Japan, so why cater to some dipshit who won't get off his lazy ass to get an import copy that's fucking been out for almost a year or so?

anyone who needs to read ENGLISH on a fucking Metal Slug game is fucking retarded. run....jump.....shoot. ooooh, hard shit to master, eh?

every major system has had their share of "great" games released only in Japan, simply because there isn't the support or demand for it in the US. and if you think the X-Box version of Metal Slug 3 wouldn't be censored, you're smoking crack. this is the US, they censor just about everything. Bill Gates won't make a bit of difference.

to make a long story short......buy the fucking import and shut up.

Spike23

Ninja Combat Warrior
RyoGeo said:
Fuck Sony.

and while we're bashing systems.......

Fuck X-Box.

Fuck Bill Gates and his arrogant, domineering ass.

X-Box has some shitty stuff, but these guys just keep doing things to make everyone hate them....other than the punks who support X-Box live and haven't moved off their couch in months.

i play console shit all the time, but when i do, i don't play gay online games--i have REAL friends to play sports/games/etc. with. :)

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Why all this bitching about port?

I am already set with my JP and US homecarts, kthanksbye.:glee:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Spike23 said:
do you think Sony gives a rat's ass about you few posters in this thread? NOPE. they have all the sales they want or need coming from Japan, so why cater to some dipshit who won't get off his lazy ass to get an import copy that's fucking been out for almost a year or so?

I don't think the people posting here are trying to start a revolution against Sony. We're just stating our opinions (and maybe venting a little) about how Sony has done some ignorant shit.

anyone who needs to read ENGLISH on a fucking Metal Slug game is fucking retarded. run....jump.....shoot. ooooh, hard shit to master, eh?

I have nothing against getting the import if necessary. But if I can get the same game in English WITHOUT using a boot disc or doing a mod, then that's how I'll do it. It's just an added hassle, that's all.

and if you think the X-Box version of Metal Slug 3 wouldn't be censored, you're smoking crack. this is the US, they censor just about everything. Bill Gates won't make a bit of difference.

to make a long story short......buy the fucking import and shut up. [/B]

Are you blind? The X-box has games that make the violence in Metal Slug 3 look like a Mr. Rogers episode. Uhhhh .... GTA double pack .... hello??!!

I have never seen a period when US games are more violent than they are today.

And one more tip .... don't tell people on an internet forum to shut up - that's just ignorant.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
galfordo said:
And one more tip .... don't tell people on an internet forum to shut up - that's just ignorant.

Don't worry about him, he has tourette's. All I ever hear from him is fuck this, shit on that, cock snkp balls bitch, etc. Probably mentally handicapped too.

Last edited:

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
What's funny here is the fact that Microsoft will probably do the same thing Sony is doing if they gain market dominance.

To be honest I'm surprised ANY SNK games are coming out for PS2/Xbox/GC in the first place.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
buttasuperb said:

Don't worry about him, he has tourette's. All I ever hear from him is fuck this, shit on that, cock snkp balls bitch, etc. Probably mentally handicapped too.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Phoenix Down said:
What's funny here is the fact that Microsoft will probably do the same thing Sony is doing if they gain market dominance.

You could very well be right about that. But I gotta side with the guys that are doing the right thing right now. If shit like that starts happening on the box, I'll start bitching about them :).

Spike23

Ninja Combat Warrior
galfordo said:
I don't think the people posting here are trying to start a revolution against Sony. We're just stating our opinions (and maybe venting a little) about how Sony has done some ignorant shit.

I have nothing against getting the import if necessary. But if I can get the same game in English WITHOUT using a boot disc or doing a mod, then that's how I'll do it. It's just an added hassle, that's all.

Are you blind? The X-box has games that make the violence in Metal Slug 3 look like a Mr. Rogers episode. Uhhhh .... GTA double pack .... hello??!!

I have never seen a period when US games are more violent than they are today.

notice, i said "they censore just about everything". somehow i knew the GTA double pack would come into this. Metal Slug 3 has blood, sure, BUT it has zombies SPEWING blood across the screen. i'm telling you, it would get censored. that's how dumb they think the US is. they all think they need to censor crap like that because we can't handle it.

as for your comment......if i feel the need to tell people on an internet forum to shut up, i will. you're all a bunch of sheep. one guy bitches about it and you all line up to join him when you could get the import version if you want it THAT BADLY. if you don't, that's just ignorant, seeing as how Sony won't be putting it out anytime soon (if at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.