My strange Neo Geo CD

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hello.
Mega newbie here. I allways liked Neo Geo.
Used to own an MVS system along time ago but sold
it which I regret very much. Nowadays I own an Neo Geo CD.
Bought this machine maybe around 95-96? Dont remember if
I bought it used or not but it has allways had this funny behavior that maybe someone here might be able to answer? You cannot connect the powercable to an extensioncable coming from the outlet in the wall or the machine will constantly reboot at diffrent times during gameplay? Hmmm...hard to explain this, hope you understand. See if i connect the powercable directly to the outlet in the wall the Neo Geo will function perfectly?
Maybe this problem isnt Neo Geo related but I just find it very strange. Havent had this problem with any other electrical device I have ever owned? I have tried using a number of diffrent extension outlets, it just wont work unless you connect it directly to the wall outlet?!:loco:

Well I really like my Neo Geo CD, just wish they would release these new games for it, cause the prices on the MVS system are insane... at least to me!:oh_no:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I guess the problem is the PSU of your NGCD, maybe it was damaged from the start. Sounds like a frequency problem to me, or perhaps it's not properly grounded.

Have you tried it with a different PSU?

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Heeeeeee... what does PSU stand for?*feeling like a total idiot*:help:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Temjin said:
Heeeeeee... what does PSU stand for?*feeling like a total idiot*:help:

Power Supply Unit. The black-ish thingy with "SNK Neo Geo" written on it that you plug into the wall outlet... ;)

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Aaaah...ok! No I havent been able to try another PSU. Have to buy one to do that. I dont know of a singel soul here that owns a neo geo cd. :eye: