I.M. A nOOb, again

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Ok, I didn't want to post this, but I need help deciding on an MVS board.

I'd like to leave the MV-2F as a last resort, I just don't want something that big sitting around.

So my question is: I'm torn between two one slots (which I want for space reasons):

The MV-1 and the MV-1F

What are the biggest differences?

Will I get stereo with both?

Do they have built in memory cards?

Is there any reason why I should just go for the 2 slot instead of this?

LMK

I appreciate it, btw.

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
only the 2slots have the memcard slot onboard.

the mv-1F is smaller than the mv-1. the mv-1 is in fact about as large as the 2-slot.

both have stereo.

if you want to save space, both are pretty large.. a 1Fz would be a good choice, if you can live without stereo.

also see:

http://hardmvs.com/html/PCBcompare.htm

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Arakon said:
only the 2slots have the memcard slot onboard.

the mv-1F is smaller than the mv-1. the mv-1 is in fact about as large as the 2-slot.

both have stereo.

if you want to save space, both are pretty large.. a 1Fz would be a good choice, if you can live without stereo.

also see:

http://hardmvs.com/html/PCBcompare.htm

I saw that and it says, "Stereo Through PCB Connector"

Is there a way to pull that out of the supergun?

And what is this all about, "MV-IC Memory Board Support"?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Stereo through PCB connection means there is a 4 pin output on the board that allows for stereo sound... Right, ground, ground, left....run them to speakers...and instant stereo sound...with a supergun all you would need to do is wire them to rca connections and run them to a stereo.

Memory card support through the MV-IC means that the board has connections on it for the memory card reader...but the reader itself is a seperate pcb that has wires that run to the MVS board. The MV-IC is the part number of the memory card reader board.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
RevQuixo said:
Stereo through PCB connection means there is a 4 pin output on the board that allows for stereo sound... Right, ground, ground, left....run them to speakers...and instant stereo sound...with a supergun all you would need to do is wire them to rca connections and run them to a stereo.

Memory card support through the MV-IC means that the board has connections on it for the memory card reader...but the reader itself is a seperate pcb that has wires that run to the MVS board. The MV-IC is the part number of the memory card reader board.

Thank you sir!

That's all I needed to know

I thought about it and I really don't need a memory card. I always play these arcade games from begining to end, so having the option to continue at the end or whatever isn't really a concern anyway.

I think I'm going with the MV-1F. It'll be a nice project, and I'll have the joystick ports and stereo output.

Thanks for your time.

-Ray

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
isnt the output right +, left +(on the standard pins) and mono + / - (on the set next to the standard), and you use any ground for the stereo - ?

thats how i have mine wired up :emb:

the 2 slot also has two headphone jacks, which you can use like the one on the front of the ngh, obviously