How to Get Fatalities in SS4

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I found one for Haohmaru: vertical jumping C. Jump straight up and land on your opponent with that as a final blow and you'll get a fatality every time.

Anyone else know any guaranteed fatality moves?

Last edited:

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Bust Galford: Drop your sword(taunt), teleport behind him and hit
qcf +A to use a unique fatality where the punch makes blood spray from the stomach(and not the chest) and the sword he drops appears magically in his hand again. Note: His other sword is still there. Very wierd, but stylish. ;)

Guaranteed blood splattering is the same as above but you don't drop the sword...

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
I think I'll go give these a shot. Thanks for the heads up.

silverslug

Fist Fucking Moron
Alright suckass, way to go.
The weird thing is the first time i did that with haohmaru i got blood on my character the second time i got to do my fatality, so I guess its not always the same fatality.:cool:
that galford one isnt working for me.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
silverslug said:
Alright suckass, way to go.

If I see more posts like this from you, I'll have you restricted from this section of the forums.

Have a nice day.

KOF_FANATIK

Astra Superstar
Bust Ukyo, if you do that one move QCB and any slash (best with the C slash) he keeps them in the air until the final blow where the fly away from him pretty far and high and in mid air they separate.

Works 80% of the time;)

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Many apologies....I tried it the other day with Galford and did it like 9 out 10 attempts and now it doesn't work....so I might be in the wrong.... but generally if your opponent is to the right of you and you motion f,hcf (B) do the qcf motion + A or B unarmed just before he materializes from the teleport it should work....most of the time....sorry again.

tsukaesugi

Spoonman said:
Many apologies....I tried it the other day with Galford and did it like 9 out 10 attempts and now it doesn't work....so I might be in the wrong.... but generally if your opponent is to the right of you and you motion f,hcf (B) do the qcf motion + A or B unarmed just before he materializes from the teleport it should work....most of the time....sorry again.

LOL, I tried it last night, but I just couldn't get the timing down... I couldn't teleport fast enough to catch my opponent behind his back.

I'll try again tonight though.

tsukaesugi

OK, after practicing with a few different characters last night, it seems that almost everyone can get a fatality by using a close standing C.

As long as you aren't jumping in, or dashing, the C should work. Deuce said in his SS4 FAQ that any blow that doesn't knock the opponent backwards will do it, so I guess that explains it.

Some characters, like Tam Tam, can do it from far away. Others, like Haomaru, have too much pushing power behind their far C slash, so it won't work.

I also tried it with Haomaru's standing B, but that didn't work, so I'm guessing that the move has to be a strong C slash.

By the way, I'm talking about the 'No Contest' fatalities here, where you get to press d, d, u, f, f + C after the last blow to execute your opponent.

I still haven't figured out how to get the spraying blood...

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
tsukaesugi said:
LOL, I tried it last night, but I just couldn't get the timing down... I couldn't teleport fast enough to catch my opponent behind his back.

I'll try again tonight though.

Oh no....it's not supposed to come off like a punch in the back...the opponent will ALWAYS turn around...if the teleport is positioned so you reappear up in his face you:

land a punch in the sternum using QCF + A (unarmed)
punch in the crotch using QCF + B (unarmed)
blood splatter comes from up close QCF + A (armed)

the teleport simply improves the probablity of the punch fatalities occurence....and just be sure...you're using BUST Galford Right?

tsukaesugi

Spoonman said:
the teleport simply improves the probablity of the punch fatalities occurence....and just be sure...you're using BUST Galford Right?

Yeah, I was using Bust Galford, but I couldn't get it to work.

If it doesn't matter which way your opponent is facing, it sounds like you might get these moves to work if you simply do them from up close and standing (not dashing or jumping in).

OK, will try again both ways, with and without teleport...

tsukaesugi

More No Contests...

Charlotte Got it a few times with a jumping C, a few times with a standing C... there doesn't seem to be any consistency to the way she can get a No Contest.

Also... I was able to get drenched in blood after doing a jumping C one time. This has been the first and only time I got drenched since I plugged in my Saturn and started playing SS4 again.

Nakoruru I just could not get her to do a No Contest with her C, whether it was standing, crouching, or jumping, so I tried her standing B on a whim, and low and behold it worked. I tried it several times since then, and her B always seems to do it. This pokes a hole in my theory about only C slashes working...

tsukaesugi

Rimururu close standing B

I tried Haomaru's vertical jumping C again, this time, it didn't work.

I'm beginning to think that Deuce was 100% right, and that as long as your opponent is not pushed backwards from the force of the blow you can get a fatality.

bishounen

Marked Wolf
To get No Contest fatalities everytime, you have to kill your opponent on the last round before 40 seconds while holding A, and pressing C to finish them. Doesn't work on Nakoruru or Rimururu though, I don't think fatalities work on them at all.

silverslug

Fist Fucking Moron
Suckass why dont you buy an mvs version for 25 like I did. Saturn is something I would expect from you though. Do you really think its gonna be the same on Saturn? Bust Galford is a piece of shit! Fatalities are pretty much random from what Ive seen.

tsukaesugi

bishounen said:
To get No Contest fatalities everytime, you have to kill your opponent on the last round before 40 seconds while holding A, and pressing C to finish them. Doesn't work on Nakoruru or Rimururu though, I don't think fatalities work on them at all.

Naah, I've been getting lots and lots of No Contests now without holding down A, and sometimes C doesn't work.

You might be right about having to kill the opponent before 40 seconds pass... I'll check that out.

You're also right about not being able to pull a No Contest on Nakoruru or Rimururu. They also don't work on Amakusa, Zankuro, or the final opponent after that.

Your last opponent has to still be alive because half of the time they appear in your ending.

bishounen

Marked Wolf
Oh, yeah, I know that you don't have to hold A and press C to get No Contest everytime. There are other ways. But holding A and pressing C will guarantee it. Try it.

tsukaesugi

BWA HA HA HA HA!

I finally figured out how to get the fatalities (and get drenched in blood).

First of all I have to thank bishounen for pointing out that you have to kill your opponent on the last round before the timer hits 40 seconds. I had no idea about that rule, and I don't think it was in Deuce's FAQ either.

OK, to get a fatality (No Contest) everytime:

-finish your opponent before the timer hits 40

-make sure that your opponent is not cornered. The fatalities won't work if your opponent has no room to stagger backwards

-finish your opponent with something sharp. Elbows, punches to the head, flying dogs, and blunt instruments don't get the job done

-be careful of the space between your sprite and your opponent's, and be careful of the amount of damage you do. If your opponent only has a sliver of life left, and you whack him from far away with Haohmaru's strong C, you'll just end up knocking your opponent off their feet, and you won't get the fatality. Get too close and your slash turns into an elbow, like Genjuro's close C, and that won't work either

-all three slashes, A, B, and C, have the potential to work as long as the spacing and damage is correct

to chop people in half, or have a fountain of blood shoot out:

-fulfill the above conditions, but do it after the timer hits 39 seconds. This will get you an old-style (Samurai 1 and 2) fatality

to get drenched from head to foot in your opponent's blood:

-kill your opponent after the timer hits 39 with a particular special move

-I've found two special moves so far: Haohmaru's ougi resshinzan (b, d, db + C), and Jubei's nikkakuratou (f, d, df + C). Again, spacing and damage seem to be relevant. I'm not sure if every character has a blood-drenching ending special or not, but I can confirm that these two characters do. I also had a blood-drenching happen to me with Charlotte, and Spoonman says he can do it with Bust Galford, so I'm guessing that there are more characters who can perform this.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Okay so no blood drench, gotta kill by timer hits 40

Blood drench finish with special after timer hits 39?

I have yet to get blood drench. I've only gotten the non-blood ones, where you cut your opponent in half. Cool, but doesn't sound as cool as being soaked in blood :)

Sundance

Sho's Rival
silverslug said:
Suckass why dont you buy an mvs version for 25 like I did. Saturn is something I would expect from you though. Do you really think its gonna be the same on Saturn? Bust Galford is a piece of shit! Fatalities are pretty much random from what Ive seen.

LMAO...i don't think this guy knows how to start a sentence w/ anything other than "Suckass".

silverslug

Fist Fucking Moron
Who the fuck would wanna play ss4 when you could play last blade 1 2 or even ss2. SS4 is whack. I am mad I paid 25 dollars for it. And to think I could have had fatal fury 3 for 20 just pisses me off.
I truly hope ss3 is way better than 4 and I really do think that it will be. How could it be worse than ss4?

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
silverslug said:
Who the fuck would wanna play ss4 when you could play last blade 1 2 or even ss2. SS4 is whack. I am mad I paid 25 dollars for it. And to think I could have had fatal fury 3 for 20 just pisses me off.
I truly hope ss3 is way better than 4 and I really do think that it will be. How could it be worse than ss4?

why are you even here? i've yet to see one constructive or semi-intelligent post from you, not to mention one that doesn't have unnecessary fucks, asses, gays, and fags littered throughout your post. :oh_no:

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Who's "No Contest" is your favorite?

mine would be amakusa, it's got style and it's amazing how a crystal ball can cut! but i also love gaira's cuz his beads make you bleed!