KOF 2K2 PS2 Coverart

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
p_ps2_kof2002_01.jpg

hmmm

It also says the BGs will again be "upgraded" or "3D". I personally wish they wouldnt do shit like that and leave it OG.

Last edited:

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
That cover's really awful btw... Will we have to wait until 2010 to have a perfect KoF on PS2...

KDash9999

n00b
OMG! If this is the cover of the PS2 KOF2002, I think they should think harder. KDash Looks f***ed, All the rest dont look right. How comes when KOF games get converted I cant purchase them in Argos and places like them?

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Blargh that's horrible.

Oh well it'll be worth it for the updated BG's and added characters.

Now to choose between getting the import PS2 version or waiting god knows how long to get the domestic one....

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
A big step-down especially when you compare it to the recently released SvC port which had a great cover.I am sure this port will be good just like most PS2 ports of SNKP games.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
kanakura said:

hell yea.
get yo groove on.
why is everyone complaining?
it reminds me of the KOF 2001 art and if i remember correctly
absolutely everyone and their mother loves that piddle.
i did like the 2001 ps2 cover though.
but i think thats partially because it almost reminds me of
the KOF 2000 cart in some very vague way.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
WHOA

That is AWESOME cover art. It looks so gritty and cool.

Awesome...

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
KDash9999 said:
OMG! If this is the cover of the PS2 KOF2002, I think they should think harder. KDash Looks f***ed, All the rest dont look right. How comes when KOF games get converted I cant purchase them in Argos and places like them?

Because they're not mainstream - even if they do get UK releases.

I'd die of laughter if I found KoF in Argos next to the likes of Lord of the Rings and the EA sports games.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Wait, you think that's bad? did you not see the apocalypse of a dreamcast cover?

Yamazaki_RJ

Overtop Pathfinder
Not so bad... K' seems like a bad boy, Kyo and Iori really seems like japanese guys.

But Kula seems like an anime character... :mad_2:

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
BE THE FIGHTER!!

Rock. Although the art sucks and I hope to god they dont give it the 2K1 treatment for BG's it is still a solid game.

Underdog

Camel Slug
Plisken said:
Wait, you think that's bad? did you not see the apocalypse of a dreamcast cover?

The Dreamcast cover is bad, but the PS2 cover is just awful.

matrimelee99

NEST Puppet
I can't understand why they don't use the original cover artwork from the AES release on ports. Anyway, the Dreamcast artwork for '02 wasn't that good either.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't see what the hubub is about. It's fine. Keep in mind that as mostly not-Japanese people, the cover is not marketed at us. Different sensibilities. Okay, it's not my favorite ever, but besides the fact that Kula's head is larger than Iori's, I'm fine with it. I don't have a problem with the deadpan design, either -- better than the jumbled mess of SNKUSA's 2-pack cover (now the PS2 cover for KOF 2000 was something to complain about-- and then squeezing that into the 2-pack "design"...). I must have a different edition of the DC KOF '02, also, because I think that's fine too. Sure, it looks more like art from a HK comic than KOF, but not bad.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Pretty cool art I would say.

I like the new backgrounds in KOF2001 and all you have to do is play through party mode to get the originals.

Q

qube

Man, that cover art is hideous!!! I hope the port of the actual game isn't as shitty as the cover art :annoyed:

Q-

I'm not normally one to complain about the cover art being bad, but I really dislike that cover. It could be a great poster or wall scroll, but not official cover art. And what's the deal with the plain white text? Sure the 2K2 logo was pretty horrid, but replacing it with plain white text???

Besides all that, 2K2 is an absolutely amazing game, and I will be picking it up regardless of the cover art.

Criterionradiohead ;)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The art's not too bad, though K's hair looks funky.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't care about the cover...

but how does the gameplay compare to the DC version?

KhmerReign

n00b
That is one pathetic looking box art, somebody needs to bitch-slap the artist. But somehow I feel that it's not actually the final cover.

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
OMFG I LOVE THAT COVER!!!!!!!!!

You guys have no aesthetic value do you? That COMPLETELY owns the cover of SVC...

Absolutely beautiful, IMO. And it perfectly covers the main characters+foils of each saga.

BEAUTIFUL!!!! ^___^