SVC Chaos Manga Coming To The U.S. This April

Sure to please SNK and Capcom fans alike, SVC Chaos: The Manga will be released by ComicsOne this April. Link here:

http://comicsone.com/svc/

Oddly enough, Comicsone planned on releasing the KOF 2000 HK manga back in September 2002. Sadly, since there was very little hype for the KOF series in the states, the release of the KOF 2000 graphic novel was cancelled.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I hope it actually happens. I pre-ordered the other, and waited, and waited, and waited, until it became apparent that it was not to be forthcoming. :(

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah, I waited and waited when they announced they were going to release a translated Lupin III. After a year or so of nothing happening, they lost the license and now Tokyopop publishes it. I hope this fares better, and I hope there is enough demand for them to publish more of this kind of stuff.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Not to add negativity to this but I just never liked that artist's artstyle. Its just too awkward looking. But i'll prolly pick it up anyway.

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
This artists style was alright but certain areas wernt to my liking- His Charcaters faces all look "feminine" in a way- even the way that they capture the martial arts Action Special powers etc:- its good but dosent have the "IMPACT" as id like it..when
compared to the Recent release of Dreamwave's comic of "SF", it falls a bit short-....finally artists that do that "STREET FIGHTER" series justice.

Last edited:

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
Is this the comic where they made the Capcom characters overpowered? I hope it isn't because I remember that there was this one SvC manga where they made Ryu a god in the comic, and got into a fight with several SNK characters, including Terry, and the funny thing was that Ryu wasn't even breaking a sweat when beating down all the SNK characters all at once.

Black Noah

Another Striker
I think I know what comic you're talking about....that's the one in which Sagat was beating down 3 SNK people at a time.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
K_Dash said:
Is this the comic where they made the Capcom characters overpowered? I hope it isn't because I remember that there was this one SvC manga where they made Ryu a god in the comic, and got into a fight with several SNK characters, including Terry, and the funny thing was that Ryu wasn't even breaking a sweat when beating down all the SNK characters all at once.
Man, now that's total bull shit. The SNK characters would put up a fucking good fight, if not total beat the crap out of Capcom characters. :smirk:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Hmm... I wonder if they'll bring Yuri vs. Sakura and Friends... :mr_t:

Sasuke

n00b
I've looked through all the jap. ones so far, excellent art imo. This is the best looking art of a vs. comic i've seen yet, now with these being released ill finally be able to understand whats going on :D

Curt

apostate
the manga looks tight

I can imagine people using scans from it for SHockbox art....

W

whc5

you might still be able to purchase them on yesasia.com. I got them all starting from no. 6. Prior to no. 6 they're pretty rare

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
not a big fan of the artist but I'd buy them if they came over.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
samuraiX said:
A Japanese/ Japanese style comic book.
Which has been loosely interpreted to include this comic, even though it is not Japanese or Japanese-styled.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
I actually saw some of this series... the only issue out of the ones I saw that I had any complaints with was the one where Genjuro killed (?) Iori. I couldn't figure out what was goin on in it...:crying:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Anyone have a link to this artist's prior work??
Thanks.
-BB