15 Year Member
Orochi Makkusu-san said:
heh
yeah, now i saw it..

hadn't have the time to chack it
back then...

well, i think twice is better
than not sharing....

Yep - better safe than ... uninformed :) .

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
further confirmation...

http://www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com/corporate/press/xbox.shtml

Now listed as a press release on SNK Neo Geo USA's page. Now to see if Microsoft will approve these games. Sony's been giving them the cold shoulder when it comes to PS2 releases. I wonder if Ben Herman gave up on trying to release these games on the PS2 to go for Xbox?

Edit: In fact, that's exactly what happened, according to a post on SNK-capcom.com. Sony indeed has been giving us the cold shoulder, so they're trying their luck on the Xbox, which I hope would be easier to get approved than the PS2.

Last edited:

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
There is something I don't get, maybe you guys can help. Why did Sony approve MS3 and SvC:Chaos for Japan and is taking so long to approve them for the US? Isn't it all Sony anyway? So, whats the problem?

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Lupin said:
There is something I don't get, maybe you guys can help. Why did Sony approve MS3 and SvC:Chaos for Japan and is taking so long to approve them for the US? Isn't it all Sony anyway? So, whats the problem?

good question...

kc

Belnar Institute Student
isnt Ben Herman the one that made midtown madness 3, if so he is one of then bigeest snk fanboys ive seen:buttrock: :buttrock: :glee: :glee: ;) ;)

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
OH CRAP!! I dont so much mind the Xbox port of Metal Slug 3, but PLEASE tell me they arent going to cancel the PS2 version of Metal Slug 3 :-(

I dont want ot hzve ot buy a stinking Xbox just for MS3 X-P

Anybody knwo if the USA version of PS2 Metal Slug 3 is still GO ?(for september or whenever jsut as long as it come out here :)

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
Re: further confirmation...

Originally posted by Abster Now to see if Microsoft will approve these games. Sony's been giving them the cold shoulder when it comes to PS2 releases. [/B]

I actually think Microsoft will be much more open to these kind of games. Sony seems to think that they must constantly prove in the US that the PS2 is capable of highrez and 3D, maybe they are afraid that people will think the other consoles have better graphics. Microsoft on the other hand are desperate to get anything Japanese on the Xbox and they want a big library of games, remember Kabuki..

And this could be a good thing too, if Microsofts approves these kind of games and the 2D games go to the Xbox. Then Sony will soon realize how stupid they have been..

Personally I don't care what console SNK releases their games on, because I have both PS2 and Xbox. Only bad thing is that I don't have a Arcade stick to the Xbox, but it would not take long time to get one :)

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Lupin said:

Because Sony/Japan and Sony/USA are like 2 differant companies......They each have there own marketing departments, sales, dev, etc.....So what one may see as a slam dunk in a game(that it will be successful, i mean), the other may think it is a big risk and not release it. Otherwise, you would see alot more games over here, not just import only titles.

Oh Yeah!!!!!
SVC on X-Box live. Finally a real challenge, not my "non-fighter worthy" friends. don't get me wrong, they're my friends, but they don't play enough fighters to give me a challenge. So any other XBox owners, I'll be looking forward to getting my ass kicked on a daily basis until I improve my own skills to be among the elite fighting gamers. lol.

All I need is a release date.

Another thing I don't understand about sony is when the PS2, as powerful as it is, can never make an arcade perfect version of any SNK game. Compared to the arcade versions the PS2 versions always suck. Hell, dreamcast always makes the best non Neo-Geo versions of the games. But when there's not a Neo-Geo machine within 100 or more miles of me (at least with any good games, I'm sick of finding an MVS that has "Bust a Move" in it and that's about it) that's all I have.

Last edited:

Orochi Makkusu-san

Edo Express Delivery Guy
damn

you guys are lucky..
living in America will
secure you all copies of the games...

the thing is, i live in Europe,
and it wasn´t told ONE
word that these titles might come
out here.....

so i will have to find a way to get the games