Metal Slug 3 announced for Xbox

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Ben Herman is right. I am serious about my gaming and Metal Slug 3 would fit me perfectly.

Underdog

Camel Slug
If this stuff actually works out the way they're talking, I'm going to have to get Xbox Live.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Wow that would be interesting to see.

Let us know if you come accross updates on this subject.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
wow.
thats cool.
btw the ps2 one is later this year or something.
its disturbing the amount of time that's being wasted on it not coming out.
it was supposed to come out before christmas time last year.
they lost some good sales i would think because of that.

Chuplayer

Crippled Idiot,
I know I'm probably wrong, but methinks that SNK is porting their games to XBOX because Microsoft might give them a better chance of releasing them sooner. Whatever the reason is, Live functionality is awesome.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I'd buy that for a dollar. Seriously.

Now if I can get that supposed RR6 on teh Box with Live support, I'd never have a reason to own a PoS2 again. Big ups to Sony for alienating one of my fave companies, solely because they make 2D games. Dumbasses.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Yes!!!! Metal Slug 3, here it comes. I don't care whether it is done like the english settings of the Neo Geo console. I just want my MS3. Fantastic. I was hoping SOMEBODY would release it over here. After a long delay, I got to the point that I didn't care what it is released on, as long as it came over here or on a system that I can use a bootdisk on.

Never thought I might get it on Xbox instead of PS2 because somebody has a stick up something about releasing a 2D shooter like Metal Slug in the US. I guess it is MS, that saves MS in the US. What a bad pun. Oh well.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Fuckin' sweet man - all these Neo games being released on the X-box. I never would have guessed. I always thought of the box as the severely over-commercialized graphics whore of the next-gen systems. If they can get these games out quickly and this is the beginning of a trend - then I say:

Buy American!!

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I Already Have The Rom :D

Someone was bound to say it might as well be me :)

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
True. I guess somebody does HAVE to say it. I think every other Neo-related port post has at least one of those. Still, can't wait. Of course, the big thing about later releases is extras. Extra missions, etc.

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
Chuplayer said:
I know I'm probably wrong, but methinks that SNK is porting their games to XBOX because Microsoft might give them a better chance of releasing them sooner. Whatever the reason is, Live functionality is awesome.

You know what? You're probably right. I'm starting to think that the PS2 version may not see store shelves at all.

Good acquisition for the X, though. If SNK follows through with good XBL showings, I'm sooooo there.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Kinda ironic if you think about it as there are people plaing the game already on The Box.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Decepticon said:
Kinda ironic if you think about it as there are people plaing the game already on The Box.

Heh, looks like I'm not the only one who thought that when they read the news. :p

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't have an X-Box, and have no immediate plans to get one, but I agree that we will probably see these just-announced X-Box ports on store shelves before we see the long since completed PS2 ports. Sad.

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
There is something I don't get, maybe you guys can help. Why did Sony approve this for Japan and is taking so long to approve it for the US? Isn't it all Sony anyway? So, whats the problem?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Lupin said:
There is something I don't get, maybe you guys can help. Why did Sony approve this for Japan and is taking so long to approve it for the US? Isn't it all Sony anyway? So, whats the problem?
Sony of Japan and Sony of America are separate entities, and what they think will sell in their respective markets differs. Game stores have limited shelf space for each platform, and Sony and Nintendo have both been guilty of withholding approval for games they are afraid will take precious shelf space from "proven" sellers like SC2 and whatnot. The Mary Kate and Ashley example everyone brings up is aimed at a specific demographic they want to target, while it seems they don't know what to do with 2D fighters and shooters. Depending on how well/poorly the KOF 2 pack did, we may be waiting for a while/indefinitely for more SNK games on PS2.

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
OH CRAP!! I dont so much mind the Xbox port of Metal Slug 3, but PLEASE tell me they arent going to cancel the PS2 version of Metal Slug 3 :-(

I dont want ot hzve ot buy a stinking Xbox just for MS3 X-P ALready plan to buy a PS2 anyway :-)

Anybody knowf the USA version of PS2 Metal Slug 3 is still GO ?(for september or whenever jsut as long as it come out here

Hyo

Quiz Detective
Great, yet ANOTHER game that Xbox owners won't appreciate.

BC_Gambit

Beni,
Meh; Xbox owners must be more diverse than you think;

after all, the first step into more diverse gaming is to have not bought into the PS2 ROXXXORZ hype machine in the first place.

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
Hyo said:

I would not be so sure about, I know I will appreciate it :). And considering how big emulators are on the Xbox, I'm pretty sure there must be plenty of Xbox owners that are interested in 2D gaming.. It's not like the PS2 is any optimal hardware for 2D games either..

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Hyo said:

I think you are very wrong on this. Many xbox owners are starving for more quality games. I can't get enough of that system! I appreciate all of the aaa title that are avail on that system everyday. I think xbox owners are just as loyal to their system as DC owners.